Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tablerock and frustration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tablerock and frustration

Fished today from 6:30 to 3:30 and caught 35-40 with only 8 keepers. water temp 65 by the afternoon. Just not the qauntity or qaulity of crappie that there should be. 7 of the 8 were 12in. or better, but they are just peppered here and there. Don't know whats goin on with the rock, but I'm done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that hothead, guess that means one more spot for me, headed to the rock in a day or two, If I find any I will let you know, till them better luck next time

Post Thanks / Like

Table Rock has always been a tough place to fish for crappie. Did you fish the James river arm by cape fair. I'll be out there tuesday looking to get on some crappie. The Rock had a couple of good spawn the last few years with high water so the future looks good with all the little ones showing up. I lived down here on the Rock In Cape Fair for 6 years and I still havent Caught a limit of keepers out of it in 1 day. I do my best fishing when the spawn is over and I start trolling for them and the size is bigger.

Were you using minnows or nibbles on Jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle if I were you and doin well on Stockton I wouldnt even waste the fuel on the rock this year, but good luck if you do. Barndog we were fishin with grubs in the James and Flat Creek. The amount of short fish does give some hope for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

20 miles further to stockton and 100 time better fishing, yep I go north matter of fact may go 3 times this week or 7 or 2 come follow me arround I will show you all my bad habits