Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: shallow fish at loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default shallow fish at loz

anyone find fish shallow yet at loz? fished yesterday in the gravois arm and indian creek but found some fish under docks and some on brush piles 15ft deep.
    only 6 legal fish and several shorts. did find some 60 degree water in the afternoon but it was 55-57 degrees in the am. the wind sure made it challenging especially when my trolling motor battery decided to quit on me. going to try again friday.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been finding them on brush in 10fow and few shallow. Fished yesterday with not so hot results also. Went out today and it was much better!
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

put in at coffmans today with buddy and caught 1 fish, first time on lake, ever . fished around docks, found brush , both directions from ramp. saw 1 man catch 3 in about 10 minutes in about 30 feet of water, using minnows trollin very slow between 2 bouys. looked small. talked to 3 different boats , same as us. no fish. seen almost no fish on depth finder around docks or closer to bank. seen no other fish being caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday on the Gravois,,,well it sucked. My dad and I had the exact same luck. 7 keepers several shorts fish in 10-15 feet of water, suspened over bush. Nothing near the banks for us. They dropped the lake pretty bad, almost a foot from tuesday-sunday. I think that makes the fish go a little deeper. Its against a fish's natural instinct to stay in the back of coves with falling water.

Once they start raising the lake again, I bet the fish go shallow

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of PB2 Sat. Morning mainly around party cove. Had 45 keepers between our 2 boats. Most were caught in 16-10 ft suspended on logs at about 8ft. A couple were up on the bank but they were few and far between. Colors didnt really matter but blue/white probably did a little better.