Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B"n"M SharpShooter SS50?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy B"n"M SharpShooter SS50?

Hey guys, I was shooting some docks last week pull my sharpshooter back and it snaped in half,has any one had any problems with thier B"n"m rods. I bought this rod last year works real good but only a year? and its broke. I have 5 -10' & 5 -12' "Crappie Wizard" Richard Williams I use for spider riggin & trolling rods no problems for 4 years. My Question is does B"n"M monitor this board. The Reason I ask this is I called B"n"M talked to some lady that was rude & question if I broke it by some other means than it was intended use was, and I could send back if i wanted to and they would look at it and might replace it at my cost on shipping. Just kind of surprising as i've heard good things about thier customer service. any help would be nice guys
    Take you grankids fishing ...you will not be bored !!!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Stinger1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by stinger1 View Post
    Hey guys, I was shooting some docks last week pull my sharpshooter back and it snaped in half,has any one had any problems with thier B"n"m rods. I bought this rod last year works real good but only a year? and its broke. I have 5 -10' & 5 -12' "Crappie Wizard" Richard Williams I use for spider riggin & trolling rods no problems for 4 years. My Question is does B"n"M monitor this board. The Reason I ask this is I called B"n"M talked to some lady that was rude & question if I broke it by some other means than it was intended use was, and I could send back if i wanted to and they would look at it and might replace it at my cost on shipping. Just kind of surprising as i've heard good things about thier customer service. any help would be nice guys
    While I have seen/held a BnM Sharpshooter ... I've never fished with one. I didn't really care for the whimpy feel of it. Currently using a ESP 5' spinning rod for all my dockshooting
    Be that as it may .... if you want to give BnM another chance at rectifying the situation, take heart. Here's an excerpt from a post about issues with BnM rods, from the owner - Jack Wells (member & sponsor of Crappie.com)

I am the President of B'n'M. As many of you know, we are a small family owned company that is now in the 3rd generation of ownership. We have survived over the years because we take the time to keep our customers happy.

I would like to first apologize for the problems you have had with our products. And, I would also tell you that I am willing to resolve this situation to your satisfaction, regardless of whether you stay with us or decide to shop elsewhere.

I'll replace every single rod and tip for anyone who believes our product has not stood up to our reputation. All you need to do is call me @ 1-800-647-6363, ask for Jack and tell whoever answers the phone you are with crappie.com.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I promise you we'll take good care of your questions and concerns."

Regards,

Jack Wells

Now .... next time you call (if you do) ... ASK for Jack Wells - tell him you're a Crappie.com member - tell him what happened ... and see if the situation can be resolved to your satisfaction.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks CP!

I will call him Monday, if he wants I will send him the pole! Thanks agian CP!
    Take you grankids fishing ...you will not be bored !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you buy the eyes for the rod tips. I have broken two off my rods. My rough fishin habits
    It dont take no Rocket Scientist

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 sharpshooters. Have fished brushpiles and bridges with them now for over 4 years and they have not given me a minutes trouble. They have taken some abuse too under some low bridges. Very good rods in my opinion.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Dont have a sharpshooter, but did get a Bream buster telescopic rod for Christmas. Fished with it twice, lost the end eye off it today. Have never caught a fish on the rod. I expected more from B n M.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a sharpshooter that I use to throw roadrunners. 3 years with no problems. Jack will take care of you I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I Bought 3 last fall and broke one first time there replacing it. The dock shooters are two limber I love there trolling rods I have over 20.
    I have a good friend that owns a tackle store that makes a very good modified ulgly stick its 4.5 ft it wont break and will shoot a mile with a wide spool spinning reel.
    If your intrested in one or anyone else give me a pm and I will send you contact info.

Thanks James
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Creekman ...

Quote Originally Posted by Creekman62 View Post
    Can you buy the eyes for the rod tips. I have broken two off my rods. My rough fishin habits
    I don't know if you can get the eyes from BnM (and I doubt it) ... but, check your local Wal-Mart & bait shops for a DIY tip repair pkg. Some come with a glue stick, some may not ... but, Superglue will work (you just have to be a little more careful with it )

I've used them, myself .... and the rod action doesn't seem to be noticeably different (I only lost about 1 to 1.5 inches of blank).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple BnM rods but haven't decided on buying a sharpshooter yet. Sounding like I shouldn't.

Aren't these rods made in China? Or somewhere not America? That would help explain why you may have problems with breakage. I've never asked BnM, but I'm sure the eye's you would just have to buy elsewhere. Most companies with foreign made rods don't have the components available to them to send out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast