A neighbor who lives near our little lake get-away house invited me to go fishing with him on the Tuesday after Christmas. He has lived on Lake Hartwell for a number of years & does a good bit of fishing.I had been trying to work up a fishing trip with him for some time. He showed me 3 places in the vicinity of our lake house & told me where to find 4 other brush piles. I marked the spots with my GPS. He does all of his fishing by casting jigs to brush piles, using very light rods, small spincast reels & light line. We were casting 1/16 and 1/ 32 oz jigs and caught about 25-30 fish. The jigs we were using were all hand-tied & the ones I used were all jigs that I made up, myself. I can't find anything exactly like them in any of the stores or catalogs. That was a real kick. But the best thing is that now I know several places where I can find some fish. The neighbor said that there will be fish around those brush piles most of the year, except in the Spring when they move in closer to the bank to spawn. I'm hoping that my chances to go fishing this summer will be more productive.

Tugaloo