Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite crappie reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite crappie reel

There are hundreds of choices in reels to select from.I am wondering what is your reel of choice without regards to cost?I am primarily interested in spinning reels.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano or Daiwa. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Shimano. My last two reel purchases were Daiwas, though.

Both companies lower-end reels are good, but they're higher level products are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the under spins for dock shooting you can adjust the jig by pulling the trigger and release with the finger easier than the spinner. I like the 2500 Shimano spinner, I like the trigger on the bell. Abu Garcia has a cheap spinner it works good. Like 39.00 at WM. The underspin I use is a Shakespere and a Daiwa.The Daiwa is the little gold one don't know the number. I have it for years works great. The Shakespere have had 4 months so far so good. Last week I bought a Zebco mini under spin it is not good. It will not release about once every 20 shots. If you are using braid line the spinner will be better as the line has to have pressure on the under spins before it will catch the line.
    Good Fishing Cub48 P S I like the Cherry Wood Ultra lite Rods good shooters.

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Stradic 1000 or 2500, I like the 1000 best for Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

browning superlite, cardnal 100 u, mitchell 310
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default My choices.

I use the Shimano Spirex 1000 RB for shooting docks. Its a little heavy, but with a 6'6" rod it balances pretty good.

I use a Pfleuger 6720 President on another 6'6" rod and it is a very lite weight reel and butter smooth. It has a lower gear ratio for those slow presentations and you wont go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Rollcaster...............................
    Amateur Chaser of Those Thump Thumps to
    Raise Those Hand Kandys!

IG: Krappie Krane

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking My favorite crappie reel ....

.. is a used one, still in good condition, that costs 1/2 or less of a NIB one :p

My spinning reels are Shimano's, Shakespeare's, Mitchell's, & a Zebco. Only one Mitchell & one Shimano were purchased NIB, the rest were sale/stock out items or consignment sales (used). I haven't had a problem with any of them, and they all are matched with a rod that suits their size &/or the primary method I use them for. None of them are top of the line models ... and even those I bought NIB, didn't cost over $50.00

I really don't have a "favorite" one .... as far as choosing one of the ones I own, over the others. They all have a time/place and method for which they are used ... but, that's considering the rod they're attached to, as much as their size or brand or whatever.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Symetre or Stradic in the 1000 size. Having said that I've caught more fish with my pair of Sahara 750's than my Symetre's and Stradics combined!

Post Thanks / Like

Zebco 33 cheap and efficient
    Politicians should be required to wear their corporate sponsors uniform like NASCAR !

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger Supreme 8030 Smoothest Reel On The Market
    Bass Pro Shop Ex 10
    Us Reel 180 Sx
    In That Order
    All Have Large Diameter Spools That Shimano Diawa Dont
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast