Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eastern NC

Boatman76 Guest

Default Eastern NC

I have only lived on the Outer Banks for about 3 years and I am looking for some info on local crappie fishing. Maybe Mattamuskeet or Tulls Creek. I fished Buggs Island alot but just need some help here.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some folks on the VA board (IBNFSHN, Squirrel Hunter, Boscoe, tahoe 50, and ReelFun come to mind) that can help you with Tulls Creek and some of the other waters in that area. If you ever want any information for waters on the VA Peninsula/Williamsburg area, let me know. I'll share what little knowledge I have.
    Last edited by PanMan_VA; 12-31-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman76
    I have only lived on the Outer Banks for about 3 years and I am looking for some info on local crappie fishing. Maybe Mattamuskeet or Tulls Creek. I fished Buggs Island alot but just need some help here.
    Hey Boatman76. Welcome to Crappie.com. Tull's Creek is one of my favorite. I post results in the Va forum since I live in Va. We were down there a couple weeks ago and caught 12 keepers (over 10 in) even though it was muddy. Going to try to get back down there next week. Wed weather permitting.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

checkout santee cooper S.C. for hawg crappies it held black and white crappie world records for years. I caught crappies there I could get my fist into their mouth and I'm a big guy. Just awesome.

Boatman76 Guest

Default Thanks

Thanks for the infonon Tulls Creek. I am still wondering about Mattamuskeet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mattamuskeet is more famous for its duck and swan hunting than it is for fishing - I went with a group in the 80's and we caught bass and blue gill as well as gars and pike - but did not find any crappie on that trip
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!