Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cold crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Post cold crappie!

caught 16 crappie.range 11-13 inches with 2 14inchers and one went 2.1 lbs!used fin-s lunkers bright green and shad color w/ black speckeled back!cold this morning and wind was almost calm.brought portable propane heater and sacked em up! 6ft-17ft off dock,using smartcast fish finder to set on top of em! 1st time in awhile that i used them and it was worth it!
    used bright green early and switched as the sun came up,to the shad color.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! You guys enjoy the fishing for a bit, I am going to be busy working for the next 2-3 weeks.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Post crappie reaper

don't work to hard and thank's for the updated reports on Oolagah! I'll give the bluffs a try,up to skull hollow cove tomorrow! how fast are you trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slab, what lake is the top post on?

Also, how do you like your smartcast? I got one for my birthday back in October. Tried it once on Thunderbird and it work real well for about 30min. Next time I tried it was on a shallow pond and it didn't work at all. I think shallow was the problem. Then I tried it again out at Draper and it didn't work then. It was pretty windy so I think that affected it. I'm going to try it one more time sometime when it's calm out and see how it works before I decide to take it back. Hopefully to exchange it for a working one.
    One More Cast ...

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a Smartcast for a couple of years. Still using the original transducer and it's still going strong. I've used it on big lakes to shallow creek channels and after I bought a boat i have put it in the water to compare to unit on the boat and got same results, depth , temp etc.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I'm ready to hit Thunderbird. Any action going on there? I need a fishing partner to show me around.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Post cold crappie

lake Oolagah! yes,my smartcast is great! sorry you are having a bad deal with yours!

Post Thanks / Like

well hopefully mine will work properly next time out.

boat49 - I want to get back to Thunderbird also. I know one point that was very productive in the fall. Number 4 on the map in this link: http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=9790&p=62469

I am still having issues with my motor though. I need to rework the enrichener system and hopefully that will solve the difficult starting problem. Then I think I will need to tune the carbs to work out an idle problem. Then I'll be all set
    One More Cast ...