Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dinner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dinner

Caught a few today, they were willing to bite if you could find them, they were very scattered. 2' deep 7' of water.

Left one pushing every bit of 3 lbs. in a brush pile, I would tell you more, but I'm hurting right now, I will need to find a way to move on.

HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess locator. You did a heck of alot better than me today. I went to 2 diff lakes and let's just say it is smelling rather skunky.

You are going to have to up the line to 50lb braid if you are going to be yanking 3 lb'ers out of brush piles. Maybe even anchor rope.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    Nice mess locator. You did a heck of alot better than me today. I went to 2 diff lakes and let's just say it is smelling rather skunky.

You are going to have to up the line to 50lb braid if you are going to be yanking 3 lb'ers out of brush piles. Maybe even anchor rope.

HHD
    It has been eating at me all day. I was fishing a large laydown and caught a couple good ones, wind started blowing pretty good, so I missed a few. I was pitching a jig and minnow under a float. I probably missed 4 or 5, off this laydown, wind blows me into the brush, I get hung, so I break it off, not wanting to disturb my fish. Well the stop biting, after 30 min or so, I go over to get my float back, while I'm there I can see the area I was fishing a lot better so I drop a minnow in between some visible branches, and the fish hits. Except my float fell to its side, and he was coming up with it. I did not get a good hookset, but I wrestled him out of the brush, he surfaced, I thought I had a bass when I saw the size of his mouth, then got him next to the boat and saw she was a HUGE black crappie. This was the biggest crappie I have ever seen in my entire life. Its mouth was like a coke can, got it to the boat.......and thats it. I watched it swin away. I know where she is , I'll be back after that fish. Soon as I saw it, I knew it was going on my wall. Im going to go cry now!!!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a pic of what my fishing partner today is going to have for dinner tomorrow. caught 31 on raccoon today, I will be back there tomorrow with my uncle to catch another mess hopefully.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some dandies Locator, sorry to hear about the monster that got away. I know if you're anything like me, that will be in the back of your mind for years to come. But at least you got a nice looking mess with a couple of hogs in there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

i can assure you, that puke taste in your mouth will go away. It is nice knowing where its at though, youve probably got a reasonable shot at it again, at least till spawing progress's or changes.
    Betcha the next time your float comes up sideways, you'll do a Skeet Reese hook set on it... and hopefull a Mike Iconaelli break dance in the boat, instead of the kicked-in-the-gut feeling after watching it swim off.

Im rooting for ya, been there and done that before, i know what its like.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you didn't sleep a wink last night!