Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My first condo....will this work?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My first condo....will this work?

Throwed this one together today. Now give me a few hints as to what depth I would want it at. I think the tallest reed is close to 15' and I was thinking something for Feb./early March and maybe the summer months. How many condos needs to be in one place? Would you place them in the main bodies of large creeks (looks like the lake) or mouths of big coves or up in the coves some? Oh, BTW this thing is gonna be heavy. I filled the 5 gal. bucket to the top with cement. Is this the way it's supposed to be done before I make any more? I'll be putting another one together tomorrow and possibly a couple more next week. I aint to sure about building any for shallow water since there are so many beavers on my lake. What say ya guys?!
    Last edited by gabowman; 03-13-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks good

Just remember boo is very bouyant, It should sink fine, If you want it to be vertical try tying a 20 oz pepsi bottle to the top of it
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

looks great mid nite run it in a deep spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Great But I Bet It Is A Heavy Son Of A Gun

Good Luck
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gabowman:

Looks GREAT! We put about 60-pounds of Quickcrete in ours and it nearly fills the bucket. They are heavy - it's best to have two people to handle them. You won't need to worry about it standing up - it will go down like a parachute with the bucket at the bottom and the bamboo slowing the fall and keeping it upright because it is buoyant and because it has a lot of resistance or drag going through the water.

I would recommend putting them so the tops are about 8 to 10-feet under the surface if you plan to fish them in the spring. If you place them outside of spawning areas they should be productive all the way through from prespawn, spawn and post spawn. You’ll still be able to fish them when the fish go deeper too by fishing down in them or around the edges.

Let us know how you do on them – I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well they produce.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

you gonna love the results. Bamboo has really made fishing better for me. It is the best stuff to use shallow or deep. One week and you can count on fish holding there for sure...I'm having trouble fishing some of mine because people are sitting on them.. Wish I could hide while I fish.. Even had some guys follow me around at a distance all day. Each time I would head toward them they would just speed away from my 25hp..lol h*ll I should sell maps now.. Smitty's Hotspots:D
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-01-2006 at 03:29 AM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Look's a fine Job. Just be sure to tell me where abouts in Lake Russel you put it.:D