Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jig Swap #15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Official Jig Swap #15

Jig Swap 14 is now winding down and should be over in a few more days and I must say them guys/gals on that swap sure cranked out some jigs in like record time.

So I think now would be a good time to start thinking about Swap #15

Some of the requirements are listed below

Jig Size .... anything from a 1/100th up to 1/16 ounce. Can have any style head you want, ball, minnow, pill, arrow they are all allowed.

Material: You can use any material that you would like and I mean anything sort of a no holds barred type deal, with the EXCEPTION.

Additional Special Requirement: 2 extra ties of your swap jigs to be sent in to be forwarded to Slab to be used as incentives, awards, prizes, give away's or anything along that line to show our support for CDC.

Yes there is an EXCEPTION, along with what ever material you choose to use you must and I SAY MUST have use DUCK FEATHERS somewhere in your tie.

Purpose of this is to see exactly what you guys got, been allot on chenille wrapping and hackle pointing done lately, so we are going to take it up a notch or two and make it a little tougher tie and allot more thinking put into that tie to get them feathers to do what you want them to do.

Again the only material I am requiring to be used along with any other material you choose is DUCK FEATHERS. And to make it clear DUCK FEATHERS are not Pheasant Feathers, Rooster Feathers, Quail Feather or any other kind of bird feathers.

It can be Mallard, Goose, or other bird that is classified as a DUCK.

Thanks just wanted to give everyone a heads up that may be interested in the next upcoming swap and give you all plenty of time if you need to gather up any tying material. If you need duck feathers drop Crazy Angler Tackle a note and he will be able to hook you right up.

As you can see from the list below we have mass participation from some of the Hall of Fame Jig Tying members. Yes this is an open invitation for everyone you will not receive any emails or PM's from me asking you to join. But by not joining I can definitely tell you that you will be missing out on some very awesome ties from some of the best tiers here on CDC and that will be your loss not mine.... the choice is yours....

Sign up will close 14 days after Mudbug mails out all the jigs from Jig Swap #14 so you still have some time to sign up and get your supplies ordered if you need to order any....

I am also trying to get the sponsors to partake in this swap as well, if they cannot find the time to participate in the full blown out swap what I am asking is for 2 jigs from each sponsor that deals in the lure/jig making field.

And yes there 2 Jigs must also include Duck Feathers somewhere on the jigs. So I am counting on some help from all you sponsors out there to show your support and involvement within the CDC as well.

Serious now this will be a Jig Swap Collection like no other collection so sign up now, unlimited number of tiers, so what you get in return will be one of the biggest Jig Swap Collections held here on CDC, are you sure you want to miss out on this one.

Official Swap #15 Sign Up

1. Doc Crappie .......... Pennsylvania
    2. CrappieKiller3........ Wisconsin
    3. Hair Jig ................ Kansas
    4. Flat Fish ............... Texas
    5. Jungle Jim Jigs ...... Missouri
    6. SOSWINE ............. Arkansas
    7. LedHead ............... So. Cal
    8. Len ...................... Indiana
    9. Flybuster .............. New York
    10. Skypilot .............. Texas
    11. 78mudbug .......... Tennessee
    12. Jubs ................... Washington State
    13. Snake River ......... Oregon
    14. hays47 ............... Ohio
    15. LRB .................... Texas
    16. Nightprowler64..... Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my submission.

1/72oz craw jig
    Custom grey with Baitfish top coat paint
    Medium Shad Grey cactus chenille
    Dark dun mallard flank

Post Thanks / Like

Jubs

Now that is well done sort of looks like a craw-daddy to me there

Post Thanks / Like

Jubs, that looks great!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Crappie View Post
    Jubs

Now that is well done sort of looks like a craw-daddy to me there
    Figured I would stick with what I am good at lol. I was going for the molting stage and they all have a little bit of blue iridescence in them especially when stressed so hopefully will fool a few fish. You can't really tell from the picture but the top of the chenille is trimmed pretty flat and the bottom left normal to give a walking legs effect as well.

Thanks DC and Soswine.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default they are ready to go

they are ready to go doc

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Snake nice jigs all you guys are putting me on the spot. What I have seen so far are really excellent jigs. Great job

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Snake nice jigs all you guys are putting me on the spot. What I have seen so far are really excellent jigs. Great job
    thank you Doc

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder for everyone that you need to include 2 extra jigs that you tied in your package being sent so I can forward them to slab for prizes or give aways on CDC

Doc

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder for everyone that you need to include 2 extra jigs that you tied in your package being sent so I can forward them to slab for prizes or give aways on CDC

Doc
    Doc,
    Will the grand total be 17 jigs?

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast