Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Buy Maytag!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Not Buy Maytag!!!!!!!!

I need to vent a little, so heres the story.

Bought a portable maytag dishwasher last year, (did not have any cabinet space to give up) worked fine, had no problems. All of a sudden, the electronic pad on the front, that has all your buttons that control the washer, stops working, and dishwasher is useless. I go get all my paperwork, and see that it is still under warranty, so I give them a call. They wait a couple days and send a guy out, he checks it over, and says he will get back to the shop and order the parts that I need, it will all be covered by warranty, and should be fixed by the end of the week. I wait, and wait, and never hear from them, after a week, I call them, and they tell me my parts have not came in, and they will call me in 2 days when they are scheduled to get them. I wait another week, and call them back, the parts have not came in and they will call me by the end of the week to do the repairs. I end up having to call them back a week later, and they tell me the parts are on back order, and they have no idea when they will be in. I try to be a reasonable guy, but its 3 weeks now and I have to call them once a week to have them lie to me. I work full time, my wife works full time, we have 4 kids one being a baby and we don't have time to wash dishes. So I email the corporate office, explaining my complete displeasure with the product and the situation. I get a call, and they tell me they are going to locate the part, and have it overnighted to the dealer, it should take a couple days. Well a week later I call them back, and pretty much lose my cool and told them exactly what I thought of them. I get transferred here and there, and finally spoke with someone who offers to give me a brand new dishwasher with another warranty. Afer all this, I pretty ticked off, but feel like maybe I have accomplished something and agree to have the new dishwasher in trade for the one I have. They tell me, it will take 7-10 days and it will be at the dealer for them to deliver and take my old one away. Guess what, I had to call the back, and they said "well its only been 9 days, we said we'd call you in 7 to 10. I express my deep discust with them and thier product and hang up. The next day the corporate office calls me back and says my dishwasher has been delivered to the local shop and they will call me that day to deliver. They never called, the next day I call them back.....and heres the kicker, they can't deliver the dishwasher because it was damaged during delivery and they have to send it back, and I'll have to wait 7-10 days for another one to be shipped. So its been going on 7 weeks now, and still no dishwasher. I will be writing the president of the company as soon as I get the contact info. I would not recommend that any of you waste you hard earned dollar on any of Maytag/Whirpool products. Learn from my mistake.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    I need to vent a little, so heres the story.

Bought a portable maytag dishwasher last year, (did not have any cabinet space to give up) worked fine, had no problems. All of a sudden, the electronic pad on the front, that has all your buttons that control the washer, stops working, and dishwasher is useless. I go get all my paperwork, and see that it is still under warranty, so I give them a call. They wait a couple days and send a guy out, he checks it over, and says he will get back to the shop and order the parts that I need, it will all be covered by warranty, and should be fixed by the end of the week. I wait, and wait, and never hear from them, after a week, I call them, and they tell me my parts have not came in, and they will call me in 2 days when they are scheduled to get them. I wait another week, and call them back, the parts have not came in and they will call me by the end of the week to do the repairs. I end up having to call them back a week later, and they tell me the parts are on back order, and they have no idea when they will be in. I try to be a reasonable guy, but its 3 weeks now and I have to call them once a week to have them lie to me. I work full time, my wife works full time, we have 4 kids one being a baby and we don't have time to wash dishes. So I email the corporate office, explaining my complete displeasure with the product and the situation. I get a call, and they tell me they are going to locate the part, and have it overnighted to the dealer, it should take a couple days. Well a week later I call them back, and pretty much lose my cool and told them exactly what I thought of them. I get transferred here and there, and finally spoke with someone who offers to give me a brand new dishwasher with another warranty. Afer all this, I pretty ticked off, but feel like maybe I have accomplished something and agree to have the new dishwasher in trade for the one I have. They tell me, it will take 7-10 days and it will be at the dealer for them to deliver and take my old one away. Guess what, I had to call the back, and they said "well its only been 9 days, we said we'd call you in 7 to 10. I express my deep discust with them and thier product and hang up. The next day the corporate office calls me back and says my dishwasher has been delivered to the local shop and they will call me that day to deliver. They never called, the next day I call them back.....and heres the kicker, they can't deliver the dishwasher because it was damaged during delivery and they have to send it back, and I'll have to wait 7-10 days for another one to be shipped. So its been going on 7 weeks now, and still no dishwasher. I will be writing the president of the company as soon as I get the contact info. I would not recommend that any of you waste you hard earned dollar on any of Maytag/Whirpool products. Learn from my mistake.
    This could be part of the problem..Maytag use to make a quality product..

Maytag Corporation, purchased by Whirlpool Corporation in 2006
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Locator I am sorry you have had so much trouble, but believe it or not can you just imagine how many other people have had the same problem out of other companies. Situations like this happen with a lot of companies. You just were the unfortunate one it happened too this time. I feel for you man and I hope you get a new dishwasher soon. Until then, try training the kiddos, it might be good for them.

Post Thanks / Like

3 kids and a baby? = 3 dishwashers and a future dishwasher!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, never had one, never needed one, never gonna get one (dishwasher, not kids)
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't overly impressed with GE. But my house(new)came with all GE, contractors grade appliances. Hasn't been all that bad considering how much junk we have. I can't swear whose the best, but I suspect they're all about the same.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

whirlpool washing machine, had the same type of problem out of it, are their no products out there worth buying anymore

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an Amana refrigerator which we have had for several years...Absolutely flawless...This is our 2nd Amana with the first one lasting 27 years...It was still running when we gave it away..

It is my understanding that Whirlpool now owns Maytag & Amana..

Plug & play, then throw away.....The new American quality program...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Locator
    Your service problem probably comes from lack of communication; or should I say translation. Whirpool used to build their stuff right here in Arkansas. Just within the last couple of years, it has been farmed out to an assembly factory in Mexico.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    I wasn't overly impressed with GE. But my house(new)came with all GE, contractors grade appliances. Hasn't been all that bad considering how much junk we have. I can't swear whose the best, but I suspect they're all about the same.
    I totally agree, hence the earlier post. This day and time most products are about equal right along with the service you get. Most of the products we buy are pieces of crap just like the service. As someone else mentioned, we had a refridgerator that we had for 22 years and it was still running when we got rid of it. They do not make things like they use too. Sorry again for your troubles. I hope you get a replacement soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast