Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motor question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motor question

What would cause your motor to just shut off while running at full speed. this happened once the other day but fired right back up. It shut off once when I let up off the throttle but it also fired right back up again.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    What would cause your motor to just shut off while running at full speed. this happened once the other day but fired right back up. It shut off once when I let up off the throttle but it also fired right back up again.
    Since it fires right back up, that sort of eliminates fuel problems. I had an old Evinrude that did that and it turned out to be the power pack. But loose or corroded connections could do that too. I would check all them first. What motor are we talking about?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Mine did that once and it was that I forgot to open the vent on the fuel tank. I know that I shouldn't admit it but I stop filled the tank (6 gallon portable tank); it has an air valve on the cap. Your are suppose to close the valve when tailoring it and open it when you are boating. I forgot to open it up when I launched the boat, with a full tank, and didn’t realize it tell I was back home and mad that the boat would run which ruined a day of fishing.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin