Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4-8

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-8

I went out to a different public lake yesterday for about 2 hours. Just fished from shore and tossed 1/16 to 1/32 jigs but couldn’t get anything besides a small bass to bite. Fished minnows with my other pole and caught a couple nice crappies off a brunch pile. I let them swim for another day when I can get the boat out. That magic hour before dark seemed to turn them on. Sorry no pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

At least your getting out and catching a few. That is better than looking out at all the snow we had earlier. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no I prefer to ice fish over any other type of fishing. Anyway went out to a public spot on Friday. My first spot was taken but decided to scout out some more areas. Scored a handful on the face of a dam. Trying to get some recon done on these early ones so when I take my buddies in a few weeks we can have a nice time. First fish took a jig under a float the rest on a minnow in weeds. Looks like Beaver is going to be on my sights Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Czechland on Sunday. Not much happening. Caught a few on some sunken brush piles in 6-10 fow. Water temp was around 54 degrees.

Went to Beaver Lake this evening. Struggled. Caught two nice fish out of the fifteen or twenty that we boated. Water temp was around 61 in the coves.

Looks like tomorrow will be a windy one then a little cool down.

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on going today to Beaver, but the wind is to pick-up to 25-35 and gusts to over 40 so will pass on today.
    Did you check out the docks at the Marina. I usually check them out first, and that will tell you where to fish. With the water temps in the 60's they should be in the coves by the banks. I usually hit the docks and boat lifts pretty hard at those temps. Males should be at the front next to the bank with the females at the outside of the lifts in deeper water. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

With the wind from the south the water was too choppy for me to fish the marina yesterday effectively. We fished the south west end of the lake. Caught a really nice one off the bat and then it died. Must have been good earlier because we saw atleast four cars pull up and fish the bank and leave empty handed. I was using some heavier 1/8 - 1/16 oz jigs to fight the wind and my dad was drowning minnows and trolling jigs. We were fishing 6 feet and under. If I was going to do it again I would have tried some deeper water to see if they were staged a little farther outside the end of the coves. From what I could tell it seems the fish we scattered and wanted a slow presentation. Curious that we caught so many small ones 1 keeper -5 little ones ratio or just about.