Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider Rig

Hey guys I need a picture or some one to tell me what the spider rig looks like. I think I might know, not sure. Ive been fishin the minnow tipped jig and a thrown a 1/16 to 1/8 lead head with plastics. I was wantin to see what its about. Thanks for any info.
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spider rigging is a pole set up, You set rod holders up in the front of the boat that hold 10' to 14' fishing poles spread out kind of like spider legs, thats why they call it spider rigging. Lots of people set the front of the boat up for two seats side by side so both you and a partner can fish. ( goggle spider rigging on the web) With the poles spread out like this you can cover a wide area of water as you are trolling over the fish. Read the post about tactics for different line set ups.

Post Thanks / Like

YEP, Thats what I was thinkin it was, Ive seen this at reelfoot but they had like 7 or 8 rods out and using the drop shot muti-hook rigs. Thanks for lettin me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Indiana ONLY lets you use 3 rods and a total of 5 hooks. I did ask as CO last week IF 2 rods had crappie rigs (4 hooks) and 1 rod had a small crank bait being pushed if that was legal. The crank bait is considered 1 bait. It is legal. I will stop the next time I'm on the lake to make sure this is right. It cost to much to be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Indiana Fishing Regulations

Rdant:

Direct quote from the 2010-2011 Indiana Fishing Regulations:

"Fish with up to three poles or hand lines at one time. Each line is limited to no more than two single or multi-barbed hooks, two artificial baits or two live bait harnesses".

This is how it has been as long as I can remember. I don't know where you got the five hook limit, I have never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew there was a limit on the # of rods being fished at one, just didnt know how many hooks could be on the line at one time. Thanks for the reply I was goin to set up lines with 3 hooks on each rod. That would have been 9 in the water. I think Ill just throw a minnow tipped jig and the other rod over the side vertical . Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

8upwithit. Sorry, tried to pass any information along. Next time I'll keep it to myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panfish16 View Post
    Hey guys I need a picture or some one to tell me what the spider rig looks like. I think I might know, not sure. Ive been fishin the minnow tipped jig and a thrown a 1/16 to 1/8 lead head with plastics. I was wantin to see what its about. Thanks for any info.
    Take a look at http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    They discribe how to rig the poles and they have pictures as well. If your wanting to rig your boat for spider rigging they have by far the best rod holders out there.
    Take a look at the crappie boat section and you will see my fishing partners boat on lake Monroe last summer.
    Also there are some Hoosier crappie as well.
    Last edited by TDHcrappiemaster; 04-09-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I thought i had been fishing illegal for all these years using 3 poles with 2 hooks on each. Thanks for clarifying 8up. I have never heard of 5 hooks anywhere either, I was gettin ready to study my rule book again since they seem to change things every year.