View Full Version : What do u call a small crappie? Nicknames, etc. I like....

12-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Bean, Crappie Bean, Dink, Junk, Trash, Beanie Weanie, Some's good some's bad (as I toss him back) or Slappie (almost a slab crappie)

12-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I call 'em : Winkie (as in "dang, another Winkie")

But, I have called them "dinks" ... and I've heard them referred to as "tater chips", by some of the board members. .......... cp :cool:

12-30-2005, 08:30 PM
CP, when on pulls my skirt down off the barb I tell him "no more yankie my wankie" or "drive by...187" but the all time favorite is "he pulled the panties down" I also like "He hit it and tried to forget it"...LOL

12-30-2005, 08:57 PM
use such "nice" language, for skirt yankers :eek: ...LOL!!
Mostly it's Bluegill doing it ... grabbing one of the "legs" of the tube and yanking it. I've even had them eat all the "legs" off of a tube, before. I got tired of having to reset the tube onto the jighead, or replacing one that was torn up ... so I started gluing the tube to the jighead. That's when they started taking the "legs" off :rolleyes: .......... cp :cool:

12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
lil crop.

12-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Milk Drippers...still got milk on their gills
Fetus's or if they are real small... Fetus of a Fetus:D

Jerry Blake
12-31-2005, 01:49 AM
I call them "Dinks". When they pull my skirt down I accuse them of "Sexual Harassment" - probably the main reason I prefer hair jigs over tube jigs.

When we're catching a lot of "Dinks" I remind myself and those with me that, "It takes little ones to make biguns".

On one trip I was apologizing because it seemed like all we were going to catch was Dinks and one of my clients says, "Well it beats a poke in the eye" and repeated that every time he caught another small crappie. I was sure glad when we finally got into some quality fish!

12-31-2005, 02:06 AM
We always refer to them as "butter beans".

Bait Runner
12-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Tied-eye, I'am sure someone knows what this means.

12-31-2005, 04:59 AM
we refer to them as tater chips or dinks as well

12-31-2005, 07:35 AM
The ones 1/4 inch under the size limit are called "stompers",because if you....well...you get the idea! :):)

Jason Piper
12-31-2005, 10:06 AM
I usualy call them dinks as well, but at times I will refer them as Future slabs.

12-31-2005, 10:14 AM
I usually call them unmentionable names! But when someone is with me (or can hear me :rolleyes: ) I call them either rinky-dinks or terd hustlers! :eek:

12-31-2005, 12:33 PM
the large ones-----netters
medium ones-------lifters
small ones---------tater chips

Barnacle Bill
12-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Another darn little one. Well maybe not darn.

12-31-2005, 02:01 PM
like rango they be tater chips.

12-31-2005, 11:31 PM

drill instructor
01-01-2006, 12:24 AM
We call them tater chip on the Hill. The true slabs we call "stop signs"

01-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Stump Knocker, Tater Chip, A Three Finger (as in three fingers wide), A Three Spot (as in two eyes and an @#$ hole).

01-01-2006, 07:25 AM
I call them hors'ouvre- their fillet would only be big enough to cover the top of a Ritz cracker.

01-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I usually call them Dinks also. Hopefully I won't have to use that word much this year!!

Minus 1
01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Sometimes we call them supper, sometimes dinner depending on what time they go into the skillet..:D

01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
tater chips

01-02-2006, 01:52 AM
I've always called the little ones Crappus Minimus as opposed to the slabs - Crappus Maximus.

First post for me here. I look forward to participating. I will be spending this summer on the shore of Watts Barr as the director of fishing at a summer camp and would appreciate any input on location and methods. I am a died in the wool light line jig caster, but I'm open minded to learning local methods if you can prove they work close to as well as casting jigs does. :D

01-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Good to have you Grizz - I think if you pay attention to some of these guys you will find a lot of good methods - Watts Bar is a favorite of many of the Tennesse guys - hope to get there in the spring myself

Rod & Reel
01-02-2006, 08:38 AM
"Tight Eyes". Because of the small distance between their eyes, as opposed to the larger distance between the eyes of a "SLAB".. Later R & R :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Meat on the Table
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Dinks when thing are not going well, but usually I just call them the Future.

01-08-2006, 01:15 AM
to me half the fun is calling them names. Its a good day when there is alot of prophanity in the boat, that means alot of fish were biting. I dont know where I got it but I call them "SQUEAKER" as in barely squeaked by at being a fish. I do yell out MONSTER BASS or CRAPPIE on occasion for the squeakers. Favority prophanity is Lil BASS-TIRD. The monster bass came from guys with 2 pounders calling them 5#.

01-08-2006, 05:08 AM
We use to call them Tuna's. Just the opposit of what they were.

Just to keep people away sometimes we would call the big one's Dink's. That way people would think you were catching just small fish. It worked at times to. ;) Ron

01-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Grease testers, tater chips, chip, dink, little bast#$%, eyes&*ss,minnow stealers, skirt yankers,Etc...

01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Well I'll probably be wrong again but we (the folks I fish around) call them peanuts never thought of why just seem to fit.

But bait stealers are another name we use,
nibblers, cause they want take the jig. ( but this could be a big'un also)

And I still call them crap-peee:D :cool: