Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a Crappie week

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a Crappie week

i have been to the lake 2 times this week in search of some crappie for the table but i have caught everything but them darn things .
    went monday and boy was it windy couldn't get out of the cove or it blowed the boat all over but tried anyhow water temp was right at 51-53. nice sunshny day just windy . tried minnows jigs on bobbers ,tightlining . toss and reel but nuthing but 6 bass..

then went today beautiful morning lanched the boat and staright to the willows as the water temp was 55-58 at varies locations i fished through the day no wind and once again tried all attack techniquies i could think of .
    shallow and out to about 15 ft water nuthing today but 2 pike 6 bass again and 4 perch. but where are them crappie .

tommarow is suppose to be cold and rainy so might have to wait for sat . but as i am determained to catch them i will be back. just don't know where they are now .

oh and the water level is above normal pool. with stained water visablity down to about 4 ft. any info or advice .

thanks,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

With that water temps the crappie should be staging getting ready to spawn. Try using a road runner with a curtly tail jig and find the creek channels ledges where the water is around 15' deep or less. I don't believe you will find em on the banks yet other than a few feeding. Use a 1/8 or 1/16 and count em down until you catch one. The spinner on the road runner will help draw the crappie attention in the stained water.
    Good luck and hope you find em.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4