Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Creme Lit'l Fishie

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Creme Lit'l Fishie

I just bought some of these today after watching a video, and reading reviews, but no where did it say what type jig head they were using on these. Supposed to be a great bait for crappie, white bass etc. Any suggestions on make and size for jig head and hook? I got pearl white about 2" long. Anyone using these? Thanks.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

I use 1/16

Post Thanks / Like

but I do not use them much, they work some places sometimes but I have better luck on other baits

Post Thanks / Like

1/32 or 1/16 they are both good Creme used to sell bullet heads with them they were the best heads I have used.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    but I do not use them much, they work some places sometimes but I have better luck on other baits
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of the Li'l Fishie and have caught a lot of crappie on them. They are great fished under a cork with a pull and stop technique in open water and I've caught a surprising number vertical jigging in brush and weeds with them. The small packs usually have a jig head included. I think it's a short shank 1/32 jig head with a small (maybe no. 4 or 6) hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them on a 1/32 or 1/16 roadrunner head long lining. One of my go to trolling baits.

Post Thanks / Like

I love them. I fish in the river about 80 percent of the time. I use 1/16th and 1/8th once darter jig heads. I like both the 2.5 and the 3 inch versions of the lil-fishies and sexy shads. They have better action than the smaller ones and they get down in the curret better. If I'm trolling I use road runner jig heads with a 1/2 once Lil George 3 feet in front of it to get them down.

I don't fish them all the time. I use them more this time of year than anything else. They all deadly on white bass and walleye, they will catch crappie. I also like to fish them at night around well lit boat docks and marinas as long as it is cloudy or there is no moon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I have some white pony heads I may try them on. I like the idea of long lining them.
    Waterboy1