Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone make their own rod holders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone make their own rod holders?

I can't swing $20 each for a driftmaster setup. I've checked the knock offs and I'm still looking at around $12 each which is around $50 for four. Seems like something could be made out of PVC.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default try

Try this link. There are several folks that make thier own and a couple went in depth explaining how they did it.
    I thought they looked great!
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...ghlight=holder
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

My pics didn't show on the link so I'll put em up again. what I've started doing for trolling/drifting is I put the pedestal into the base on the front deck with the rods off the bow instead of off the side. I have to stand up but it works, for vertical fishing I use the side:

I did add another 2 holders to my set up. those are Attwood Sure-grip holders. Academy had them for $9, Wally World sells them for $11.
    Last edited by smedley; 12-30-2005 at 05:44 PM.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

a friend of mine made one,i haven't seen it but you pull up one of your seats and it mounts in the holes just like your seat, holds six rods,so i'm thinking it's shaped like a T with the holders across the top.

Post Thanks / Like

I made rod holders for the front and back of my ski and fish. I did not want to drill into my boat so I made them removable. I mostly use the front two because I sit in the bow and the rear is too far away. The front is made from pvc pipe and an end pipe with a rod holder screwed in. They fit into the drink holders. I use bunjee cords on the front to hold them in position and keep them from turning. The back is plywood with rod holder screwed into each corner. I have since painted the plywood white to match.

Last edited by jem270; 12-30-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Labill made some I used as a pattern. There are pix of them somewhere in the test area. I made them myself and put together 4 rod holders that hold 4 to 5 rods each. The T bar, mounts and rod holders together were less than 10 bucks each to make. PM me if you want some more details

Post Thanks / Like

I have made one that will mount to any cleat . Dave has seen it and I will post a pic when I'm back from Michigan in a couple days.
    Last edited by ReelFun; 12-31-2005 at 03:49 PM.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I Make Some Out Of Pvc That Work Well On My Toon, They Are
    T Shaped Like Someone Mentioned Earlier. They Hold 5 Rods
    Each Which Gives Me 15 For Nightstalking, Or Drifting. They Also Work On The Bass Boat, But I Only Can Put Out Ten. I Use
    Short Pvc Pipe And Connectors. Don't Have To Drill Into The Boat And It Just Takes A Minute To Get Them Set Up. I'll Try To Get
    Some Pics On The Board If I Can Figure Out How. The Cost For A
    Holder That Will Accomodate 5 Rods Is About $10.00
    Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper made some really nice ones out of pvc pipe get him to send pics best I have seen or rather neatest job I have seen

Post Thanks / Like

Ah BG, you makin me blush! It was Pappy and labill's pics that got me started. I just happen to be very good using the tools I own. I have yet to complete my set, but will have to before summer.
    You can find the pictures on the link AnchorPuller posted above. Just scroll down. You will also see pics of labill's and Pappys PVC versions as well. It will give you a great starting point. I made the holes big for ease of removing fast. I also plan to glue padding in areas of rod contact so as not to wear into the rods.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast