Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw 4-8 the report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw 4-8 the report

Bob (my BFF for the day) and I launched at Bucksaw this morning and had a pretty fair day, Ceder Creek I believe .
    It would have been great if the wind wasn't so bad. Kinda cold, I didn't dress up as much as I thought I needed to.
    I caught one really nice fish in the first 5 min. Bob caught a few right away. Then we trolled on through NoJoe-ville for quite a while, we probably caught 40-50 fish total, I only put 2 crappie in the livewell and I kept a couple of stripers, we had a total of 15 crappie at the end of the day.
    Bobs baits work really good, used some of his black/pink black /orange "bobby tails" he called them, and I think he caught some on his blue/chart.
    Good time as expected, good to see Jiggin15, Drfishjd again and nice to meet MATHYOU.
    The 2 biggest of the day 1 was mine and sure the other was one of Bobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice report Rugs

started to go today, but that north wind reminded me how whimpy I really am. Bob I don't guess they got that bridge fixed yet do they?.... Jared is probably out of smokes if he was around Drfish......:D good job gentlemen fighting the wind....... still beat shoveling snow....... or mowing grass....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I know you asked Bob, but No, the bridge is still under construction, we had to go through Clinton to get there.
    I forgot to mention that Bob is a real trooper, he was in pain the whole time from a pinched nerve so siting an running the trolling motor was even tougher than normal in this wind.

Edit: Oh yea it was way better than shoveling snow or mowing the grass!!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default sounds like I need to show bob

how to get around that bridge and not to far out of the way, but I think tomorrow is the last day of consturction......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    I know you asked Bob, but No, the bridge is still under construction, we had to go through Clinton to get there.
    I forgot to mention that Bob is a real trooper, he was in pain the whole time from a pinched nerve so siting an running the trolling motor was even tougher than normal in this wind.

Edit: Oh yea it was way better than shoveling snow or mowing the grass!!

Congrats guys on a great day! Saint Bob? Wow. I'm impressed!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats guys, looks like once the sun came up it was a great day to be out as long as you were dressed right....HAHAHA.... i wanted to make it out today but got stuck working late and was not able to. Cant beat the fight of those stripers on your crappie pole when you dont expect it that one looks like a nice one. Good job guys looks like its fish for dinner tonight!!!!! how deep of water were you guys in today? how deep were you catching most of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys looks like a good day and it also beats looking at office walls!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Nice job guys looks like a good day and it also beats looking at office walls!
    LOL I know thats right, sad thing is i have to look at these walls for the next 5hours....

Post Thanks / Like

I crossed that bridge this evening, it looks like it hasn't been touched since last Saturday,,,,, plate still on the pavement and all,,,,,,,,,,, the sign says the road is closed on Friday.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What a fun day in the wind. Met up with new member MATHYOU at the ramp. Ran into Bob and Quinn. Drfishjd was also there when I got there talking to Steve from Everharts. Plan was to run up but the cool temps and wind made me change my mind. Ran down river just past the cut through and spider rigged the channel and the first breakline off the bank. Lots of fish but only 5 keepers. So we ran back up and said a little prayer while entering the holy cove. Wind was not any better in there but we stuck after it and ended up with 16 keepers plus 6 fish that Jim and oppossum stepped on to make them measure. We had 5 or 6 really nice fish. It will not be long now. Will post a few pics later of Matt with some of our fish. Fun day with new and old friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast