Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelbyville

Haven't fished the lake since 1991. I'm going over in a couple weeks. My cousin drove over the bridge and says the ice is off. What colors do you recommend I start with. Way back I used black and chartruese mostly. Any other color suggestions?
    I'll be putting in at Wilburn.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Kit - I like anything with chartreuse in it - black/chartreuse, red/chartreuse, orange/chartreuse, and pink/chartreuse. When the water is real clear there, like late winter or early spring, I like blue/white or just plain chartreuse. One of the local fisherman likes pink/chartreuse when the water is below 40 degrees. Let us know how you did there. Good luck.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I don't have pink and chartruese, I'll have to pick some up before I head over. I vaguely remember the water getting muddy when the ice would melt off.

Thanx Again!
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kit
    I am thinking of going over Monday . What bridge did your cousin drive over ( Findley Bridge , Coal Shaft ) ? I was over there last Monday and there was still a lot of ice but the weather has warmed up since then .
    See ya Kevin
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Went across the bridge at Sullivan Marina this morning. Lots of open water but still ice along the banks. Did not check out a boat ramp but suspect there is still ice up close (or on the ramp). The wind is up about 10 mph and makes it feel like colder than it is.

It is supposed to be warm tomorrow but calling for 60% chance of showers tomorrow also.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I walked the banks off a point over at the lake today. Wind was bad and blowing right into my face. I fished about 90 minutes and caught 4 dinks running from 7 to 9 inches. Saw a nice black crappie laying dead on the banks that would have pushed 12 inches.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I walked the banks at Lake Shelbyville today in three different areas. Kind of covered the south part, middle part, and upper part. I didn't get a bite and neither did another angler I met in two different areas. I did not see any boats and there was only one vehicle/trailer in the Bo Woods parking area. I wanted to fish the Kaskaskia River but the state has pulled off their annual stunt of closing all the access areas. You can't get down to the river without walking at least a quarter mile at any of the access areas. I tried three different areas and all three were blocked off.
    Ken