Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your best tactic?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile your best tactic?

I like to throw a three poles out 2 with crappie rigs and the other single to search them out. Now thanks to bassboatcrappie I put out 2 poles with minnows and cast a jig with minnow on third. Can't give up the minnow yet. Not that confident. They have to be hitting pretty hard to leave it off.
    Trying to get into spider and long lineing have the stuff just need to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Long lining with plastics, is such a great locator. Don't know of a better way to find fish and what they're doing or thier mood. Honestly though, I still love single pole fishing, slow rolling a jig and feeling that WHAM on the end of your line, or watching a slip bobber with anticipation of when it goes sideways a little bit then DOWN and is gone, and you've got a good crappie running full throttle. There's just nothing like it. There must be a hundred ways to fish for crappie, and not one is better or worse than the other, I think it just depends on how a fellar wants to fish, what the fish are doing & what they're feeding on. Crappie can be caught a number of different ways at ANY given time.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

I longline trolled for years and it works great... But since I changed to spider rigging I have a hard time doing anything else...
    You won't regret doing it. You will up your catch by so much you will get tired of cleaning fish.:D
    Take a look around when your out next time chances are you will see someone either longline trolling or pushing.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

TDH, just gathering other ppls opinions, when SR do you use the drop shot method with the sinker on the bottom, or the capps & Coleman rig with a hook, down to an in-line sinker, down to a hook or jig on the bottom?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigHookCrappieJigs View Post
    TDH, just gathering other ppls opinions, when SR do you use the drop shot method with the sinker on the bottom, or the capps & Coleman rig with a hook, down to an in-line sinker, down to a hook or jig on the bottom?
    I like the Kentucky rig the best. That has an 3/4 ounce weight at the bottom. Capps and Coleman tangle up waaaayyyy too much and snag alot for me.
    When fishing shallow 3' or less I will use just an 1/8 ounce jig on the bottom and an 1/16th ounce jig about 10" above it.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that jig on the bottom definatly snags up a bunch. I do use that rig though because I seem to catch ALOT of fish on that bottom hook, it can be a pain in backside though.

Post Thanks / Like

I like flipping jigs with a single pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I started pushing jigs last year , I can't seem to help myself ...but I like to do a combination a 2 spider rigged poles and cast jigs with the third. If I am getting them in shallows on the bank then definately my favorite is to throw 1/32 oz jigs with an ultralight rod and watch that line like a hawk . If I see slightest hesitation in the line I'm setting the hook. If you get a thump....that is nice too.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

pitching or vertical jigging a twister in the tree tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Dipping minnows with a cane pole, if the fish would cooperate, I would never fish any other way!!!!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast