Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default my new gear

So I went to bass pro before work today because i have been in need of new crappie rods. I could not spend as much as i would have liked to but thats the way it always goes. I have heard people talk about the berkley cherrywood rods, so i figured i would give them a try. I got 2 6'6" and 2 5'6" rods. Then i went to get reels and ended up getting 2 Pflueger president reels for the 2 5'6" rods and I got 2 Mitchell Avocet ll gold reels for the 2 6'6" rods. i have used and like Pflueger reels but i have never used these cherrywood rods and have not used many Mitchell reels. Have any of you used or have any of these rods or reels? If so how do you like them and do you think i got a good bang for my buck with this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a Mitchell Avocet. I bought it on closeout last year at Bass Pro for $20. I thought there must of been something wrong it since it was so cheap, now I wish I would of bought everyone of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Pflueger reels, never used those rods but I do like longer rods. I use 7 to 10 foot rods. I use Outlaw and Ozark rods and like them a lot.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a couple of the Berkley Cherrywoods in the 10ft length. Not bad rods for the money. I am a Quantum reel guy but have heard nothing but good things about the Pflueger reels from guys on here.

Post Thanks / Like

from what i can tell by holding the rods they seem like they would be good for the money. The Mitchell reel feels like it will be a very good reel for the money as well. I have always like pflueger so i know i should like those. I also like longer rods to dip on trees but there are times i find myself needing a smaller rod as well so i got to have both just in case. i would like to get a long pole like a 12 or 14'. i would think the rods will be decent seeing as there was not a very big selection left to choose from. looked like the rack was wiped out. we will see what happens, going to try it all out tomorrow. glad to hear you guys have used and liked these.

Post Thanks / Like

ive also been looking at those rods at walmart we have them here for 17.99-22.99 lookin at 5'6 for ultra light and 7' for corkin and casting jigs and roadrunners. the 7' is medium action do you thing thats to heavy and action? the tip seems like it is pretty sensitive

Post Thanks / Like

i was asking myself the same thing smitty and i would have got 2 of 7' medium rods if they had them but they only had 6'6". from what i can tell they are all medium rods except for the 5' ultra light and the the 5'6" light. I also asked the guy working at bass pro what he knew about these rods and he said the sensitivity was good but not as good as the $150 orange graphite rod bass pro sells....lol i could not help to laugh, that guy must be crazy thats all i need is to spend $150 on a crappie rod that gets hooked into a striper and snaps. i dont think so. well i am going to try them out tomorrow as long as it doesnt rain so i hope i will be able to tell you how sensitive they are with a pic of a bunch of crappie......

Post Thanks / Like

Talking $150 Lol!!!

i would have laughed too!!!! good luck n check back tommorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell you what guys

I used to buy cablea's 5' ultra lights, about $80, no more check out the Ozark 5', super light and great for $25..... no more high dollar ones for me.....Like the 10' ozark and the 10' outlaw....... only own one 6' it is a shamnoo and it is nice.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

i was not able to get out today Smitty so i couldnt test those new rods. looks like Saturday will be the day i put them to the test so i will let you know how i like them then.

i have never heard of the ozark or outlaw rods olesiverside... where could a guy buy them? are they online only or do they sell them in any stores?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast