Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie Tournament Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie Tournament Questions

Hey guys,

My name is Derrick and I am BRAND new to this forum. I picked up crappie fishing last year, and can't stay away from it. I am 23 years old and currently serving in the U.S. Air Force. Whiteman AFB is holding a base wide tournament at Bucksaw this Saturday for military members, which will be my FIRST tournament I have ever entered...and even though it might not be the Crappie Masters haha, i would still like to win (bragging rights for my shop haha). I have fished Bucksaw a few times...but I mostly fish the Berry Bend area...and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips for fishing this part of Truman; like what color jigs, if minnows work better, or maybe even a few general spots to fish. I say GENERAL cuz i know no one wants to give up their fishin holes haha. Also a few tournament fishin tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Derrick
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Derrick. Bwillaub and I will be fishing the tournament also. So I will be a little tight lipped for once. But jigs have been the ticket the last couple weeks. Monday we caught fish about every where we fished. 10ft down in 15 ft of water. Look forward to meeting you there. Not sure which boat we will be in. Either a silver Tracker 185 or a silver and red Champion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, but I will def. have to keep my eyes open for you all. I will be in a charcoal/black nitro, so if you see me...give me a holler.
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football

Post Thanks / Like

last saturday it was 14-25 FOW between 7-14 feet deep. out in middle of cove away from trees on the warmer side of the lake. best color was orange/chart. that was from Bucksaw but will be a week before your tourney; lots can change in a weeks time there!

sounds like you will have some pretty stiff competition :-) GOOD LUCK and let us know how you do
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Marshall MO Derrick, When I read you were at Whiteman, the first name that popped into my mind was Bwillaub (AKA Bob) He's a great guy and if you read our reports tomorrow, you will have some idea what Bucksaw area was like.
    Good luck
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We will keep an eye out for you before it starts. Camo you are right about a lot can change. Little freak storm and rain last night and now much cooler temps will change things a little.

Post Thanks / Like

thats some pretty good info if you ll are fishing the same tourney lol good luck to all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

welcome and good luck

and thank you for your service