Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reality?

Guys (and Gals),

As some of you know, I just joined on here and it has already impressed me, wayyyyy beyond my expectations. So here's my question....

Do ya'll really open your boats up to complete strangers (other than meeting on here) to join ya on a day of fishing when you have the opening?

I've read about this happening a few times and wanted to know the truth.

Reason I ask...... I have a long weekend planned at Truman, May 7 - 9 with 5 others.... been doing this for couple years now. Luckily I can plan my own travel for work and have a location in Sedalia that I am visiting that Tues/Wed (4th/5th). Now, Thursday was supposed to be a travel day for the other guys that I am fishing with and dad will be trailering our boat down Thursday evening so I am landlocked.........

So the question is..... can I really be that upfront and ask if there are any seats open?

Sorry for the drawn out post, just wanted to explain.

Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

yes it's true, been there done that, met some folks on here and fished with them they said come on lets go you can ride in my boat, If I was going to be fishing truman you would be welcome in my boat, best bunch of folks I ever met well most of them

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of these folks here don't frown upon any one asking if someone has an open seat, I'm sure if some one is out and about on the dates you request they would be happy to put you in their boat. Be sure that there is some respect expected and offer to pay some of the costs and you will be in business, if it turns out your just a bum word will get around, just my 2 cents.
    I have seen quite a handful of requests from folks over the last year or so on here, just do like you did, put your request, dates etc, some one will get you into a boat.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, and I would expect the same if/when I open my boat up to anyone.

Maybe I thought it would be assumed through my post, but I suppose it's better to be clear. I will obviously have all of my own gear, certainly will provide $ for fuel, and bring any food/beverages that are needed, and anything else that is decided on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    Of course, and I would expect the same if/when I open my boat up to anyone.

Maybe I thought it would be assumed through my post, but I suppose it's better to be clear. I will obviously have all of my own gear, certainly will provide $ for fuel, and bring any food/beverages that are needed, and anything else that is decided on.
    I'm sure you will get some offers, thats the way we all roll here on the MO CDC, good luck.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on work schedule I should be fishing a few days that week. I have a tournament that weekend so will be out looking for what I hope by then is post spawn fish. When it gets a little closer to then we will see if we can make it happen. If not I am sure there will be someone else who can get you on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Jiggin',

Thanks for the offer...... way things are looking they might still be spawning but lots can change between now and then. You usually blast out of Bucksaw?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

95% of the time I fish out of Bucksaw. 10 to 15 miles each direction is my home range. If going further than that to fish I usually trailer down the lake and put in. May still be a few females left with eggs by then. But I think the bite will be in the outside tree rows or first good drop off away from spawning banks as they move back out from the shallows. Good thing about it we will have about 75 people at camp the week before. Surely someone will find a pattern that will work for you guys. I may be camping that weekend also. I believe we will be having a fish fry on that Saturday night. I will let you know details when it gets closer.

Post Thanks / Like

10-4, will keep in touch. This Crappie Camp you guys speak of sounds like a hoot!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Route U; 04-07-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

never fished with anyone i met on this site, but have been invited to their big group camp and when i showed up and did the into's, i was offered food and drink just as if we all had been buddies for years.

i would not be surprised if someone had a seat for you. might want to ask again closer to the date if you don't already have a ticket. gotta work or i'd be glad to have ya...
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast