Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone have a report on the Rock?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone have a report on the Rock?

Haven't been in several days, but planning a trip around Cape Fair Thursday or Friday. Anyone have any news on what the sneaky little critters are doing the last few days?:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a report, fish are being caught in peach orchard cove, alos on the sount bluff west of peach orchard cove, also along the north bank on the flat west of peach orchard cove, alos up james river up past the boat dock on the left just before you get to cane bottom, fish the first bend to the right fish the bluff side. also fish are being caught up flat creek. fish the cove on the south side by the old road/bridge area, a few being caught up by dry creek on flat creek, also fish are being caught on the north side of wooley creek, all these fish are shallow. use light jig, or minnow or combo of same, also fish in 12ft of water and look for bottom fish, they are harder to catch but are bigger. good luck going to try to go again friday if weather cooperates, later ma

crappie up

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Beagle have you been following me. That last post is about right. I fished alll those spots Monday morning. It was tough for me. I am about to abandoned the rock and head to Stockton. I have never seen the rock so tough with crappie. I thought it might just be the James so i fished the Kings on Saturday and was just as tough. I am catching a lot of little crappie. Maybe just an off year for them. I did manage to catch enough Monday to take home and clean. Most came in 6 to 8 fow. They have sucked the lake down hard this last week. All my spawning areas are out of the water. I am not giving up though.

Post Thanks / Like

stay after them biteme but If you want to go to stockton I can do that to... the rock has been the toughest the last two years, real tough, stockton is twice as far**but catch a lot of crappie up there, later man

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle and Biteme.

Looks like I will head out tomorrow as i just found out I have to stay close to home Friday. I probably won't get started very early, so might stay kind of late and see if they turn on closer to dark. Sounds like Flat Creek might be the best place to put in at

Good luck if you guys go Friday
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!