Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nightstalking Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nightstalking Question?

Here is a little background info that might help for any advice. I am from NC, and it has been hot lately. Today says it will hit about 92 with a low of aroudn 65. I have been lately finding the crappie in the coves and I believe they are starting to spawn.

When I usually nightstalk I do it in the summer, and typically tie up by a bridge and fish over the deeper water. Since the crappie are currently in coves and spawning, where should I try to set up to nightstalk? What kind of depth, structure, anything else do I need to look for when considering where to set up. Taking a friend and hoping to show her some good crappie. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hardydk1,if some of the crappie have already spawn out then they will pulled back on the channel in the cove. If there are a food supply source in the cove the crappie will stay around,also all crappie don't spawn same time and if you got any depth of all in the cove would be worth trying it out. May have to set-up mouth of the cove,if no takers up in the cove.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

I was night stalking in two feet of water the other night and killing them. Bigest bite was around 10:00pm.

They are not spawning yet, but in pre-spawn here.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.