Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPilot

Post Thanks / Like

Question IPilot

Hey guys , I now have a 1 year old Powerdrive V2,thinking of getting the I-pilot for it , cost $399, or would it be better to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Terrova with it already on it , cost $1000 or so ? will have to do away with my foot control, but most have said they don"t use one after I-pilot anyway? lot less money ,is the Terrova that much better ? or would I be better off just putting the I-Pilot on my V2 for now ??
    THANKS any input
    COYOTE
    HAVE A GREAT DAY:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HARLEYBOY View Post
    Hey guys , I now have a 1 year old Powerdrive V2,thinking of getting the I-pilot for it , cost $399, or would it be better to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Terrova with it already on it , cost $1000 or so ? will have to do away with my foot control, but most have said they don"t use one after I-pilot anyway? lot less money ,is the Terrova that much better ? or would I be better off just putting the I-Pilot on my V2 for now ??
    THANKS any input
    COYOTE
    HAVE A GREAT DAY:D
    I just upgraded my powerdrive with the Ipilot myself, I too was concerned about losing the foot pedal and everyone told me that I wouldnt miss it after a very short period of time and of course they were right :D it really wasnt hard to use right out of the start, you will love it, I do believe

maachuu

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on what kind of fishing you do. If all you do is ease around with a spider rig crappie fishing, just using the remote is fine. I do a lot of moving around casting for bass and crappie which requires both hands on the rod and reel and most of the time you need to make a direction correction while making a retrive. Thats when I need a third arm or a footcontrol. I didn't have to make the same decision as you are having to make cuz I had a cable unit that I hated. Since I bought the Terrova I-pilot, I have the best of both worlds and I just keep finding new uses for the Ipilot .
    It ain't nuttin but luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned both of them and far prefer the Terrova.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my Terrova new and added the I-Pilot later. (very easy to do) Not sure I'd want to go without a foot pedal. I like having both.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't own one but had a pd1 a while back. I'm told the Terrova has features that aren't available on the pd2. Someone else can tell you more than I. I think the constant on feature is missing but can't say for sure.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an power drive that I added I-pilot to. At times I wish I had a foot pedal.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea of having the foot control,though I used the remote all the time,never know when that remote will stop working. Everyone knows how electronics acts up sometimes. Just like be on the safe side with back-up.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Terrova with I-pilot. I have never used the pedal, but am glad it is in the boat if my battery in the remote dies.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Terrova and mainly use the remote. The Ipilot is sweet for longline trolling regardless of the motor. If you decide to go with the V2 I have an Ipilot new in the box that I would let go for consideralby less than $399.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast