Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Fish Cleaners?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocket Fish Cleaners?

I see alot of posting about catching crappie and showing pictures of bucket fulls of crappie. Am I the only one here that uses a Rocket fish cleaner? You pull it behind your boat to clean the fish and when you get home the fish are already cleaned. I searched the internet last nite looking for them but had no luck. Anyopne know where to look?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I filet my fish.

Post Thanks / Like

gabowman did you look at cabelas they use to have one.I like fillet them myself.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea! Here they are. I can't believe the price though. My wife bought mine way back when they sold for $25. Talking about getting some strange looks when cleaning fish...:D
    Last edited by gabowman; 03-13-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one 30 years ago it finally rusted out just got another last year from cabellas, WE use it on Bream cause they smaller than crappie we catch when ya get to use it for while it works good,..

Post Thanks / Like

Throw in some shad, 60mph to your honey hole, and you got a chum line right to ya, hehehe. Just kidding, I don't remember ever seeing one of those contraptions. I fillet my crappie and keep a old semi sharpened spoon to scale the gills.

Post Thanks / Like

In the very early 70's we used to fish under the Penelton bridge on Toledo Bend. When we returned to the campground we would stop at a floating marina and clean the fish. We just cut the heads off, threw them in a giant front loading washing machine, put in a quarter and in a few minutes they where scaled and clean. No slim, no scales in your hair.
    I still like to have a few scaled, whole ones to eat but I cut a cross on each side to make em cruchy and easier to eat.

How many fish can you put in that rocket at a time???? Don

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever seen the one made from a plastic 35 gallon drum with screws in it?

Post Thanks / Like

never seen the 35gal. plastic drum,,but have seen regular turbo do its job... not too bad. But I prefer to filet my crappie... lookin' forward on going to the rock on Sat if the lovely person in this household doesn't have more "honey Do lists" ! One good thang tho'.....she loves to eat the crappie!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I own one and for scaling small fish for whole frying it is the coolest thing!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast