Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: alright guys....seems easy enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Default alright guys....seems easy enough.

but help me find the crappies.

water temps hovering around 60. before the weekend we have had 2 weeks of real nice weather.

been catching sloughs of crappie (all males, no females just yet) in shallow water with tubes/nibblers a 1' under a float.

cold front has moved in during the last 4 days and shut down the shallow spot.

this smallish lake is probably 10' at its deepest. lots of flooded timber in shallow water.

what do crappies normally do here in these types of conditions. because they aren't where they were. or at least they are no longer biting on any color/size tube i have for them.

switch to minnows?

find deeper water?

thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go to the same spots you were catching them, and just move into a little deeper water. There is a good chance they didnt move very far, just out a little deeper than they were. If not there, then I would find some brush, trees, etc... in deeper water, that they might have moved to for some security.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to leave your spot down size the jigs and tails OR go out to the first drop off and fish there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's all about water temp.

They will move to where the temp suit them. If you caught them in the shallows at 60 deg. that's what they like right now. The males will proceed the females into the shallows to spawn, so that's why you found all males. The females are hangin' in deeper water just yet.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stay at the same spot

stay at the same spot, but move to where there is a drop off or edge line to deeper water.