Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More Night Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Night Fishing

another night fishing questions for you guys. i live near a man-made lake that is very shallow (5 to 6 ft throughout), however there are channels on the outside edges of the lake that are a few feet deeper (maybe 8 or 9 ft). the water is relatively clear and i know the crappie are huge. the crappie are almost uncatchable other than in the spawn, due to heavy vegetation and waterfowl season (fishing closed). my question is, during the spring or summer do you think i could set up at night in one of these channels, free of vegetation, and catch fish? or is this lake just too shallow for night fishing? what is the most shallow depth that any of you have caught a mess of fish at night?
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

At night during the spring & summer, alot of times they will come up shallow to feed anyway.

During the spring, I have caught them at night in about 2-3 ft of water around brushpiles.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to catch crappie late in the day and at night in a very shallow pond in Wa. near Khalotus. We used floating lines and soft hackle flies very near the surface.
    ....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamr
    another night fishing questions for you guys. i live near a man-made lake that is very shallow (5 to 6 ft throughout), however there are channels on the outside edges of the lake that are a few feet deeper (maybe 8 or 9 ft). the water is relatively clear and i know the crappie are huge. the crappie are almost uncatchable other than in the spawn, due to heavy vegetation and waterfowl season (fishing closed). my question is, during the spring or summer do you think i could set up at night in one of these channels, free of vegetation, and catch fish? or is this lake just too shallow for night fishing? what is the most shallow depth that any of you have caught a mess of fish at night?
    Wonder if a person can fish Duck Creek at night or is it closed at night?
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

i know bass fisherman that do well at night during the summer on buzzbaits, so i'm assuming it is open. have you ever fished there duane?
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"