Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad hair day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad hair day

seem to be having a lot of these lately and I don't even have any hair. Calling for 20 - 25 mph winds today. Love the sunshine and warmth...hate the big winds that come with it. I always felt a little chop helped the fishing. Not sure about white caps.
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

gonna hafta leave the boat at home today. Just as well though, i like wading the creeks, find the fish that nobody is fishing for.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly, you might also stumble onto a few mushrooms out there following those creeks. They are great places to go this time of year as redbud / dogwood / service start blooming out. Very peaceful.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the lake when the big storm hit yesterday. I just got back into the truck when the hail hit. That would not have been fun running across the lake in the hail. I caught a few before I had to get out of dodge. Water temp was 60 degrees. Caught a couple of shallow fish and a couple of deep fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about my fellow CC members when I was watching weather news last night and that nasty storm went right near cunot and carp. It could be dangerous out on big water like monroe today...here's the latest....

================================================== ===================

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Indianapolis, IN
    12:01 pm EDT, Tue., Apr. 6, 2010

... WINDY TODAY WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH...

WINDY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AHEAD OF A FRONTAL SYSTEM ACROSS THE PLAINS AND LOWER GREAT LAKES. SUSTAINED SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL REACH 25 MPH DURING THE AFTERNOON WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH... ESPECIALLY OVER WESTERN INDIANA. LOCALLY HIGHER GUSTS ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS AS WELL THIS AFTERNOON. THE STRONGEST WIND GUSTS ARE EXPECTED BETWEEN 3 PM AND 7 PM.

THE STRONG WINDS WILL RESULT IN DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO DIMINISH THIS EVENING.

Post Thanks / Like

brookville was rocked today! I have honestly never seen muddy waves like this before. The spray coming off the caps was unreal. Was very happy to be back in the woods looking out at in, rather than trying to stay afloat in it.
    The crappie were happy to seem me today, and 25 of them wont ever hafta see me again.

Funny you say that hog daddy, my little sneeky sneeky crappie hole cuts right through one of my favorite yeller sponge woods. A bit early for them yet. Did poke around across statelines yesterday at my black sponge hole, but didnt find any, or signs of other folks.

HB