Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TRUE success as a crappie fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Smile TRUE success as a crappie fisherman

Seems all I have done for the past couple of weeks, is post "business" on here, so I thought I would talk about something a little more "important".

Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I think I may well be one of the most successful crappie fishermen in the country. No, really... at least in terms of how I personally measure success. In fact, I have never had a bad day crappie fishing.

You see, every time I hit the water, I set very specific goals for myself. First and foremost, my goal is to enjoy and give thanks for the wonderful gifts of nature that our Lord has given us. Another goal is to enjoy the company of whomever I am fishing with. If I am fishing alone, then the goal is to clear my head, forget about the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and simply relax.

I always set out with the goal of taking the opportunity to fellowship with others who share my love for fishing. I put forth the effort to actually take a break and visit with that old guy who always pulls up in his pick-up truck, with the half-blind Feist dog in his lap (ya'll know the guy I'm talking about), and says, "Catch anything?" He may not be fishing, but he drives by that ramp a dozen times a day, and you would be surprised with what you can learn from him. Speaking of that, another common goal is to try to learn something new.

I accomplish these goals EVERY time I fish. I may not learn anything other than, "Don't forget to put the plug in the boat BEFORE you back it in the water." or "You have to unscrew that little air vent in the top of the gas cap, if you want your motor to run.", but at least I have learned something.

Ask some folks about their best day fishing, and they may tell you about a particular tournament they won, or the day they caught that "almost a State record" fish, or that time that they limited out in a couple of hours.

Ask me about my best day, and I'll tell you about the day that I never put a hook in the water, or held a rod in my hand. Instead, I spent the day trolling from bluegill bed, to bluegill bed, watching my 9 year old daughter wear them out. Now THAT was a good day fishing!!!

See, I told you that I was a TRULY successful fisherman!!! I'm just thankful that I don't HAVE to measure my success by the number or size of the crappie I catch. If that were the measure of success, then I would have to admit that I am probably one of the LEAST successful crappie fishermen in the country!!! :D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Good post ST.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is what it is all about! Great post!!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff