Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Meet your WTCC Tournament Director

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Meet your WTCC Tournament Director

Good news... Scott Plumlee (Scott38305) has stepped up and volunteered to serve as the club's Tournament Director (thanks, Scott!!!). In addition to being an avid crappie fisherman, Scott has been heavily involved in his son's youth bass tournament organization for a number of years.

A number of folks have already offered to serve on the Tournament Committee, which will be chaired by Scott. However, this is one area where there is no such thing as too much help. Anyone interested in serving on this committee can contact either Scott or me.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Scott!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for stepping up and volunteerig..

Suggestion, I never been in any fishing tourney, I poured over the the tourney rules for several different clubs on this site. I didnt see this in any, but wondered if its possible..
    Like Speck said and how I and am sure others feel, we might not win or place
    against the big boys.;-) can we not have a prize for the non big boys. not much maybe entry fee back, or half and a few prizes, just kind of a token prize. while the big boys will chase the big pot, it would give us non big boys something to shoot for instead of just the fun and fellowship plus introduce a friendly competition at a lower level. Based on a small number 20 boats at $30 a boat, and paying 3 places ,it would only cut the big money by $10 per place. I wouldnt think they would complain about getting $290 instead of $300.. While I most likely will enter a tounry without this, I know I would be a lot more likely to enter if it was there, shoot I know going in I might not win that either , but at least its a little carrot out there I know I can compete for.
    Course I also can understand that this might be hard to police and keep up with, maybe that is why its not in any other rules I found. I am sure theres a lot more to running a tounry than I know. I have ran golf, softball , baseball and bowling tounries, they all can be a pain, i would imagine fishing tournies would be harder than all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we could toss around havin a braggin rights tourn. on the same day as regular tourn.'s. I think you will realize that they are not as bad as they seem to be. Granted that we fish both tourn. trails it definatly is intimidating to face the nations best, you learn more in a tourn. once than you will the rest of the year. Intimidation is a persons best tool when competitive fishing. Once we get rolling some of the bigger sponsors will give donations that we could use. I wouldnt let it stand in the way because i will take LUCK over skill any day of the week.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am sure all of the guys are good fellows, only met one fisherman that ever was ugly to me (it was a woman, no offense meant) .lol. As I said I have been associated with softball, golf and bowling tournies and they all have some type of flight system to pit the best against the best, and so on. Guess at first , I thought maybe fishing did too, but guess not.. anyways I have gave it more thought, and I think the easiest thing to do would be to have side pool, say if there are others like me thats love to fish but may not be on the same level as some, we could put ,say $5 , in a pot and whoever does the best gets that pot.
    The intimidation factor dont bother me much, but I know what you mean, I just consider those guys lucky to have had the time to fish a lot and to have learned what they have to make them that good. And I agree, I am a good friend Lady Luck, if it wasnt for her I would have to give up fishing too.
    But to learn a little skill from those guys probably wouldnt hurt..lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxxman View Post
    Thanks for stepping up and volunteerig..

Suggestion, I never been in any fishing tourney, I poured over the the tourney rules for several different clubs on this site. I didnt see this in any, but wondered if its possible..
    Like Speck said and how I and am sure others feel, we might not win or place
    against the big boys.;-) can we not have a prize for the non big boys. not much maybe entry fee back, or half and a few prizes, just kind of a token prize. while the big boys will chase the big pot, it would give us non big boys something to shoot for instead of just the fun and fellowship plus introduce a friendly competition at a lower level. Based on a small number 20 boats at $30 a boat, and paying 3 places ,it would only cut the big money by $10 per place. I wouldnt think they would complain about getting $290 instead of $300.. While I most likely will enter a tounry without this, I know I would be a lot more likely to enter if it was there, shoot I know going in I might not win that either , but at least its a little carrot out there I know I can compete for.
    Course I also can understand that this might be hard to police and keep up with, maybe that is why its not in any other rules I found. I am sure theres a lot more to running a tounry than I know. I have ran golf, softball , baseball and bowling tounries, they all can be a pain, i would imagine fishing tournies would be harder than all of them.
    Jaxxman, I believe you have a great idea, I am certainly not one of the more experienced fisherman myself. I think we can make it a priority to make sure everyone feels they are fishing for something! Your input is exactly what we need to make this endeavor fun for all!