Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ April 1-4: Honey, I shrunk the fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ April 1-4: Honey, I shrunk the fish

Fished Gravois, Soap creek and Indian creek the last 4 days and got good numbers, but the fish were mostly dinks. Probably caught 80 or so each day with only 14-18 keeper sized fish between the two of us averaging 9.5". We did have a few 13-14" fish though. Last year we probably caught around 50 a day with only 10 dinks and the size average was about 12". Not really sure how the size class could change so drastically, but next year should be outstanding. Maybe the bigger fish hadn't moved up yet, but I was under the impression that they tend to move in first.

Caught a majority of fish pitching docks in 13-18ft of water. Any more or less water and got nothing. Some fish could be found near the banks with drops in 8-12ft early morning or late evening. Fishing was also getting better every day around wood in 8-12 ft or so of water. Also found a good size school in 31ft about 25ft down, but after we pulled up two 7" fish we moved on. Fish would hit any color, but blue/silver and blue/chart worked better than any other. The last day water temps varied from 53-59 degrees depending on location, depth and water clarity.

Will only get better the next couple weeks. Hope the big ones show up. Go get 'em, guys!
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Had the exact same luck saturday morning, fishing indian creek and mill creek. LOTS of shorts, probably caught 5+ shorts to every keeper, but the action was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Polvo - sorry Nick and I didn't make it down there Sunday... I got sick and spent most of the weekend either on my back or running a high-speed shuttle to the bathroom. Blech.

I'll be down there for several days the 22nd-25th though. Can't wait!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!