Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello 4/4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello 4/4

Went out yesterday afternoon at around 3. Fished til dark and ended the day with 15. As soon as I got on the water, I hit a few spawning banks to see if I might catch a male or two. No fish after an hour or so of that, so I moved out into deeper water around the river channel and tightlined. I fished 6-10 ft of water on channel swings and they were holding pretty tight to the brush. I'm pretty confident I could have done better if not for the rough water and wind. I'd hate to know how many hooks and sinkers I tied on. They were really hammering the jigs. Had a good # of fish swallow the hook. Water temp was 64ish. Planning on going to back this evening after work for a couple hours. I sure hope the wind dies down a little.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like I should have stayed a little longer. I got off the lake at 2 because I was tired of fighting the wind.
    I cleaned 10 yesterday and threw back close to 100. Talked to several folks down there this weekend and most people were catching lots of short fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello

I'm going down probably thursday afternoon are early friday to Holliday landing is there any help I could get ? haven't been on Wappapello since the 80's, and I've only been to holliday landing once
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help