Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three casts, three Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Three casts, three Crappie

The first paragraph got me as I read TJ's story on the Home page. How many of us feel guilty about fishing alone. I for one feel very guilty when I fish alone. Knowing that I could have someone else along with me and teaching them some of what I know about the fine art of Crappie fishing or fishing in general. I really enjoy having someone along and showing them something that they didn't know or realize how to do. I especially enjoy taking young adults and kids fishing. I let their parents fish and I take the kids in the front of the boat and show them what I do to find the fish and how I decide what and how to catch them. I show them to watch and see how the fish react to my offering and how to determine what their mood is for the day. Before long the parent is in the front of the boat and watching and listening along with their kids.
    I have always been blessed with the gift to catch fish whatever speices I went after. It didn't come natural to me but through studying the fishes habit and habitats. Knowledge is the best tool you can have to catch fish. That is why there are so many Videos out there for us to learn on. You pick a way to catch or go after Crappie and there are a lot of videos on the way you want to fish, be it trolling, pulling, pushing, jigging , casting, vertical jigging using bait with a bobber or just a hook and weight. Read article in magazines or books. Listen when a fisherman is talking and you can learn a lot from a friend that is a good fisherman. The best knowledge that you can gain is to fish with someone that is very knowledgeable about the spieces you are interested in catching.
    It isn't about how expensive your toys are that will catch the fish but your knowledge in what you are using even if it is a cane pole and string. Using baits and jigs learn what they do and how they react under different tempurature conditions. Learn how maribou, feather, plastic and rubber jigs react in different temps. It makes a big difference when the temps get colder as to how they react.
    I can catch more fish if I fish alone as to having someone with me. If I have someone with me I make sure they will catch fish which means I may have to fish a way that the fish aren't particularly interested in but will bite. Most new people aren't very good casters so we use a bobber and minnow or a jig. If the fish bite the bait on the way down then I take the time to help them get the feel of the bait falling on a tight line and notice when it stops falling when a fish takes the bait. This is really hard for a beginner to get the concept of. This take practice over and over and to learn to watch the line as the bait drops.
    Yes I do feel guilty when I fish alone. It seems everyday someone new asks me if I would take them fishing some time.
    If you ever have a question about anything fishing just ask on this site and someone can answer your questions, or we can find the answers. Just keep in mind that there are usually more than one answer to most questions, and no two fishermen will answer the same way.
    We really enjoy having our traditional neighborhood fish fry, that I supply the fish for. It is getting bigger each year and each year more new people show up for it. We had 110 people at the last fish fry. I try to have several a year, so it takes a lot of fish.
    Good luck to everyone this fishing season and hope everyone comes home with a livewell full, and most of all be safe out on the water. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Darn Beave, you are a heck of a guy. Jesus feed the multitudes and it took 5 fish. You doing it wiff 3. Is there something we need to know more about you ?...:D......:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    Darn Beave, you are a heck of a guy. Jesus feed the multitudes and it took 5 fish. You doing it wiff 3. Is there something we need to know more about you ?...:D......:rolleyes:
    :D:D:D
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

It might just be me, but I think I could feed more with 3 fish, than you could with a 1000golf balls. hehe Hope you are having a great Easter Pox EB

Post Thanks / Like

I know, I was wanting to go fishing with JWhite and Billbob at Enid...Mississippi boys gathering...but I will be in a tournament at our local golf course here.

I'm carrying 10 balls and by golly I'm coming home with all of them...:D

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    It might just be me, but I think I could feed more with 3 fish, than you could with a 1000golf balls. hehe Hope you are having a great Easter Pox EB

Post Thanks / Like

Better put your name on um. EB

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rusty & Alan, I've been telling you that Beav is a nice guy...He just votes wrong....:D:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I just vote my concsious, Don. I guess I just think of others before I think of myself. That is something you won't hear from a Conservative! EB

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to fish by myself a lot. After spending all week restraining yourself
    from choking people till their eyeballs pop out, it's good to be by yourself
    for awhile.

ON the voting, if ya'll want to go there - I'm happy with whatever you
    want to do with your money, that used to be called charity...
    When you vote for people who want to stick their hands in MY pocket
    and redistribute what I worked for to whomever THEY think needs it
    more than me, I call that thievery, and those and the people who help
    them get elected are one just as bad as the other.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White View Post
    I prefer to fish by myself a lot. After spending all week restraining yourself
    from choking people till their eyeballs pop out, it's good to be by yourself
    for awhile.

ON the voting, if ya'll want to go there - I'm happy with whatever you
    want to do with your money, that used to be called charity...
    When you vote for people who want to stick their hands in MY pocket
    and redistribute what I worked for to whomever THEY think needs it
    more than me, I call that thievery, and those and the people who help
    them get elected are one just as bad as the other.
    I would be proud to 2nd everything Mr J White has said, & Amen :rolleyes:
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast