Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton today

Took an early morning trip to Stockton before Easter dinner. Sure was nice out and I caught a few fish but it was slow so I did some looking around. Found lots of fish staging in the deeper water close to spawning banks but could not get them to bite well. Checked 4 different coves and the same thing in all of them with nothing on the banks yet. Water is clearing up and found 57 degree water.

I noticed several boats with logos on the sides and figured they were pre fishing for the Crappie Master's tournament. I loaded up at noon and headed home just as the wind was picking up and it sure was windy on the way home.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fishing is getting ready to get good here in MO. Looks like a little cool down mid week may keep them from moving on in for a bit. But for now we are not 15 foot high like the last few years. Can't wait to get the kids out and catch some bobber fish on the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is going to get really good soon and my daughter is read to go. She put new line on her reel and has been working on her casting. She can launch it about 30 feet now.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure love getting the kids out when it gets good. Also got to take some guys from work last year that had never fished before or had not fished for many years. Watching their smiles makes it worth getting out and having to tye on jigs and get them unsnagged. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you took good notes on the decaled boats there PB. Good luck next time you will get em.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Bender. Glad you got out for a while before the wind kicked up.

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see you got out, glad the fish are in a lazy mode, fits me just about right, I hear there is a tour. this weekend, hope they do well.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out for a while. Keep after-em!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike