Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fishin report

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishin report

thought i would post something so here it is.
    went to check out reiter ponds today, i thought there wouldn't be many people there because of it being a week day. i was wrong, there was lots of people, so i hiked as far as i possibly could downstream to get away from people then fished for a little while with no success. i probably spent more time picking up other peoples garbage then actually fishing so i guess i shouldn't expect too much. anyone else fishin or catching out there?

Post Thanks / Like

not me..
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Still beating up the Chums on the Green and the Nasty. I'm waiting for the rivers to drop back in before targeting the Steelies. Tokul Creek is giving up some fish right now. It's combat fishing at it's finest down there though.

Post Thanks / Like

yea i try to avoid the combat fishing stuff, not very relaxing, i am still searchin for some good steelhead spots that you have to walk a ways to, the hoko river sounds nice but its flyfishing only

Post Thanks / Like

so. I dont see the problem, grab your 6 and thow some streamers!
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

i have a five weight, i didn't think that is enough, also i think most the fish up there are wild and large, some up to 20 + from what i ahve heard, also i would like to go somewhere where i can keep them

Post Thanks / Like

went fishing again today, very close to my house at the edmonds pier a few people catchin some perch, i couldn't cause i didn't have any small hooks, but i definitely got bites, used some squid for bait that i caught

Post Thanks / Like

went to the pier again today, second try, had a couple on and landed one 12.5 inch striped perch. they are some cool lookin fish with electric blue stripes, and dark red body. they fight well too because they are shaped like a bluegill. my first fish for '06!

Post Thanks / Like

Call me crazy but those sea perch are one of the best tasting fish that swims. The silver ones are just as good if not a little better. Weird fish though...they live birth their babies. There's a place near Ballard Locks where you can catch 20 perch on an incoming tide easy. I'll have to check the regs to see if you can still fish there. I have not tried since before the Ceder River steelhead runs got wipped out so you may not be able to fish there any longer.

What did you use for bait? One tip, go to the beach (a rocky one) the day before you want to fish. Hit it on a low tide and bring a shovel and bucket. Flip over larger rocks and dig about two feet down to get some worms. That is the best bait you can use for thos perch. They will jack you for your bait most of the time so dig up a bunch of them and put some sand over them. They'll last in the fridge for a week or outside for about two days. use those small sand crabs if you only want to catch the bigger perch.

Post Thanks / Like

i used squid which was getting just as many if not more bites as the shrimp that others were using. i have used those little worms before but only had a couple of them and they got solen by the little fish. it is crazy that they live birth just like guppies. i was down at shilshoe once when they had come in and there were hundreds of the little babies, i caught and released tones of them on a size 16 hook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast