Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guided Crappie Fishing Trip on eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guided Crappie Fishing Trip on eBay

Several folks have asked if I was planning on putting another trip on eBay so I did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7208031751

I've been on vacation for a week and ready to get back after them in the morning.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get a reasonable offer on the other trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it Jerry, I came in here to the computer to do that and checked crappie.com first, good thing I did, lol. Guess great minds think alike. Glad you're back and hope you had a great trip.

Better yet, I will take anyone else that wants to come to Hot Springs and go crappie fishing for the same amount as this auctions winning bid. Granted, you'll only be getting second best, but we'll have fun doing it.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Second best to almost perfect is pretty darn good. I'm going to have to see about another trip down there.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

NAH. Darryl, there is no second best if you love to crappie fish.

Post Thanks / Like

So what's the deal between Jerry & Darryl? Are you guys lifelong friends? I see yall are fishing some of the same areas...yall workiing together? I see bow websites offer extra boat if needed. Must ne one or the other. Does having 6 people fishing sometimes make it easier to get the fish fired off sometimes?

SO who started this in Hot Springs first?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sac-a-lait:

I first met Darryl when he and his family fished with me nearly 3-years ago and we became good friends. I ruint him so bad on crappie fishing that he gave up his "real job" last spring, bought my Kenner and started guiding full-time.

We work together on our boats and sinking condos and talk by cell phone while we're each out with a crew to help each other get on quality fish and so we don't both fish unproductive condos. His family is still in NE Arkansas (Hot Springs is in SW AR) and there are two minnow farms there so when he goes home he buys minnows (several pounds at a time) and brings them back.

Darryl was off today so he came with me to be my "deck hand". The bite was slow but we scrounged up about 30 crappie and bream.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Did you get a reasonable offer on the other trip?
    Hey Seeker:

Yes, the other trip ended up only $20 less than full price so with the targeted advertising I get from these auctions it's worth it to me.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    So what's the deal between Jerry & Darryl? Are you guys lifelong friends? I see yall are fishing some of the same areas...yall workiing together? I see bow websites offer extra boat if needed. Must ne one or the other. Does having 6 people fishing sometimes make it easier to get the fish fired off sometimes?

SO who started this in Hot Springs first?
    Yep, Jerry is the original and ruint me for sure on the crappie. All my other rottenness is not Jerry's fault, lol. Fishing and being on the water every day possible has been a lifelong dream of mine, but I pretty much wrote it off as an impossibility because a man has to "work", be unhappy, just make money, pay the bills, etc. etc. But fishing was my passion. After I first fished with Jerry, getting off work on Friday and leaving directly from work, driving 3 hours to Hot Springs, camping in the back of my truck, fishing till late Sunday afternoon, driving back, then going to the J.O.B. just waiting till Friday to do it again was my life every weekend possible for nearly 2 years. One day in the midst of that time my dear friend Jerry says, "Hey I'm turning down trips, why don't you let me hook you up with some?" I'll never forget those words and how they set me back. It never crossed my mind that I could be a guide, plus it wouldn't be right to guide on the same lakes in the same manner targeting the same clientele. All I wanted to do is fish and catch crappie and doing it for a living was impossible (for me). Well, with Jerry's help and encouragement and the wealth of tourism in Hot Springs area, I found myself actually doing what I love. Because of him I have gone from the salt mine to living my dream. No man could ever find a better man and friend. After working for nearly 20 years in the corporate world, it is absolutely amazing to genuinely experience the act of two men working together and complimenting each other in mutual efforts.

Gents, some folk just don't understand what we all see and love passionately about crappie fishing. But, what they don't know (and we do) is that it's more than just catching fish.

P.S. Oh yeah, and my wife is letting me do it.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 12-29-2005 at 06:35 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    P.S. Oh yeah, and my wife is letting me do it.
    Hang on to her. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast