Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spawn ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn ?

I fished a laydown today in 4ft of water fished 1.5 ft down soon as it hit the water bobber went down. Threw back same spot nadda. Fished that tree for 1.5 hr. not another bite the one i did catch had a bloody tail and a corner missing from it. Why do you think there wasnt more around. Fished all day 1 crappie. It was a black crappie water was 51 degrees. I fished yesterday the water was 55 and raining catching blacks in a differnt area till it quit raining then they quit. They all had eggs in them. Thinking of taking up cat fishing.
    Help wilbur

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I fished a laydown today in 4ft of water fished 1.5 ft down soon as it hit the water bobber went down. Threw back same spot nadda. Fished that tree for 1.5 hr. not another bite the one i did catch had a bloody tail and a corner missing from it. Why do you think there wasnt more around. Fished all day 1 crappie. It was a black crappie water was 51 degrees. I fished yesterday the water was 55 and raining catching blacks in a differnt area till it quit raining then they quit. They all had eggs in them. Thinking of taking up cat fishing.
    Help wilbur
    Probably just a male searching for the right area. Water still too cool for spawning. Try backing out to nearest 6 to 10' water and find some cover. The fish should be stage'n up right now.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

That fish was on a bed and the bloody tail with part of it missing shows that it was fanning a bed. Remember that spot and go back when the temp comes up again. The females should be in then. If the fish thrashed around in the top when you caught him it may have put the other fish off from biting depending on how much he fought. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p