Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie mount ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie mount ideas?

Hey everyone, i have 2 crappies at the taxidermist right now. 2lbs 14oz and 2lbs 8oz. Thats pretty good for Iowa. He has had them since last summer and i haven't heard from him yet. He does all my deer and i know how long it can take some people to get stuff done.

I'm looking for some ideas on how to have them mounted. This will be my first fish mount so i don't know how many different ways it can be done.

Can you post up some of your crappie mounts? even some unique mounts if you have them. Maybe i can get an idea back to my taxi before he gets too far with them.

Thanks, Jerry.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile mounts

These are on display at Weiss lake lodge. I thought they looked great. I used to live in Iowa, did you get them at Redrock or Rathbun?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't get your ideas of how you wanted them done when you first took them to him? I would call him , touch base with him and tell him all the particulars of how you want them done, habitat, etc. If he does one-size-fits-all work, I would be looking for somebody else to do them. You have to look at them from here on out so you should get exactly what you want. If you find photos of mounts you like,or real fish, take those and say this is what I have in mind.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are usually some crappie mounts for sale on Ebay that you can look at and possibly get some ideas.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a bunch on Google Images: Crappie mounts - Google Search
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    He didn't get your ideas of how you wanted them done when you first took them to him?
    I just told him to mount them on a piece of driftwood. I was just thinking of other ways to try and make it look better than that.

Fishawk --- I got them out of some Cedar river backwater. A pond that floods with the river every year. I have been to Rathbun long ago (hopefully again this year) but since i live along the Mississippi River, i don't get that far west very often.
    Last edited by Iowabucks; 04-04-2010 at 02:40 PM.