Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little guidance please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little guidance please!

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ridge Nelson, I'm from northwest Missouri and spend the majority of my time starting September 1st to the end of April hunting, then doing some fishing on farm ponds, and then we'll make trips out west to fly fish and big game hunt. Anyway my family recently got a house on Lake of the Ozarks at approximately mile marker 8. I am used to running bank lines for catfish on the Missouri and fishing farm ponds and small lakes at home, so I am looking for any advice that you all would be nice enough to give me as I am a little out of my element. We have a dock and I am planning on building some crappie beds or condos (not sure what the appropriate name is) in the next few days and sinking them beneath and around our dock. What depths should I sink these at? I plan to build 2 to 4 of these.

Thanks, Ridge

Post Thanks / Like

welcome coot, i dont know much,well nuthin bout LOZ or any of the other big lakes cuz their too far for me to drive to as i too live up north here.

I`m sure you will soon get some responses from the other guys and give you bout all the good info you will need.
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, coot. I look forward to your posts. Come on down to camp and get to know a bunch of folks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

how deep is the water around your dock??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! JohnnyLaw, whereabouts in North Missouri are you located? Im from St.Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Marshall MO. I'm not allot of help on LOZ or putting in crappie beds, condos or what you want to call them.
    Bugman is the LOZ pro, he'll get you going, along with many others.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    how deep is the water around your dock??
    Right now with the lake down it goes from 10 foot to 18 foot. When they raise the water level it will be around 13 to 14 feet at one end up to 21 to 22 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Coot, from Kearney, MO. Good luck with your condos on LOZ...should produce nicely!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Rugs, get ahold of bugman for advice on that. Also camp could be a good venue to introduce yourself and gather a bunch more information. Welcome to the site.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I'm with Rugs, get ahold of bugman for advice on that. Also camp could be a good venue to introduce yourself and gather a bunch more information. Welcome to the site.

What/where is camp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast