Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st WTCC Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation 1st WTCC Tournament

Let's get this thing rolling...

The club is going to need to build up some funds, in order to have the money to take care of several start-up issues (website, advertising, logo design / set-up, purchase of tournament scales, etc.).

An idea that came up in Thursday's meeting was holding a "Bragging Rights" Tournament. This would be an open tournament (club membership not required). A reasonable entry fee would be required, with all proceeds going into the General Fund of WTCC. A trophy or plaque would be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, as well as big fish. We would also attempt to get some prizes donated by area businesses, as well as crappie equipment / tackle suppliers. There would be no cash prizes. Understand that future tournaments will have cash prizes. This is a special tournament, held for the purpose of attracting potential members, and building the club's general fund.

Since our next meeting is scheduled for April 15th, I was looking at Saturday, April 24th, as a potential date. This would allow us time to get the word out and make the necessary plans and preparations.

I wanted to see how many folks would be interested in participating, get an idea of where we would like to hold the tournament, and get some feedback regarding appropriate entry fees, and any other ideas any of you may have.

Post away... let us know your thoughts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, but if it's an open Tournament we could consider having a "fish anywhere" type Tournament with a particular weigh in location.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott38305 View Post
    Just a thought, but if it's an open Tournament we could consider having a "fish anywhere" type Tournament with a particular weigh in location.
    Scott,
    I think that is what the Trenton's Elk Lodge does. I have never fished in it but that is what I have been told.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott38305 View Post
    Hey, Scott. That sounds like fun. My only concern with a "fish anywhere" tournament is that we might have better luck getting everyone together in one spot, if we had a specific tournament location, with a set location for registration on the morning of the tournament. In a "fish anywhere" tournament", I would be afraid that some folks might fish, but not show up for the weigh-in unless they had a good mess of fish.

I want to make sure we get as many folks together as we can, so we can tell them about the club, and try to sign up some additional members.

I do really appreciate you sharing ideas!!!! Let's see what others think about this idea.

Post Thanks / Like

George,
    I see where you are coming from and I agree.

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

lots of lakes in henderson county. don't know if i need to fish in it but would love to help anyway i could. they hold lots of bass tourney here and they meet at beech lake and disperse from there on any BRWDA lakes. Weigh in at say 3:00 back at Beech. Just an idea or everyone fish Beech Lake, no size limit and a pretty fun little lake to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot :D

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Justin I would love for it to be there.What lake would be the most central for everybody?

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

a reelfoot tourny would be awesome, as long as someone let me and the wife follow em and let us "watch". lol

Post Thanks / Like

what about a big sandy, west sandy weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast