Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gps ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps ?

I am looking at getting one, any recommendations?
    Also, are there any websites that tell you how to use this system? I have no idea how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both a garmin and a lowrance, I think the garmins are a step above the lowrances. My garmin never loses signal, the lowrance seems to lose more often. I have the garmin legend and the lowrance 332c. I love the lowrance for being color and such a larger screen. If I had to buy just one I would buy a large color garmin. Make sure you spend the extra money for the lake maps if you truely want the total experince. The lake maps show humps, ditches and channels well. I know the lowrance website has some good information on them.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to hi-jack this tread but I am interested too. Can the GSP be used without buying additional software to help you mark things such as where you put fish condos or fishing hotspots? I was once told to just go to Walmart and buy the cheapest one they have, that what I wanted one for it would do just fine. Any recommendations on that?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default gabowman

Just For Marking Brush Piles Or Fishing Spots ---any Would Work But If You Get One That Is Waas Capable It Will Be More Acurate
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend Color. It is easy to use, durable and has some great software to use also. I have several fishing spots plotted along with some ATV trails. The menus are easy to navigate and the unit is very accurate. I like the color screen over the traditional B/W screen. It has a clearer image and you have more options when marking areas and tracks.

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

charger i got a lowrance h2oc for christmas
    i havent got to use it a lot yet but so far i
    really like it they all seem to have their good
    points an bad points i wanted this 1 because
    it is color an downloading maps an i am sure
    that the others are capable of doing that also
    i just have always had good luck with lowarance
    products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Not trying to hi-jack this tread but I am interested too. Can the GSP be used without buying additional software to help you mark things such as where you put fish condos or fishing hotspots? I was once told to just go to Walmart and buy the cheapest one they have, that what I wanted one for it would do just fine. Any recommendations on that?
    I have a Garmin GPS 72 and all I use it for is to mark fishing spots and to be able to return to them and it work fine for that. I just use the pointer page and can return very close, it is WAAS.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    No you just make sure you have a unit that can get WAAS. The extra maps and all that is not need, just a nice feature. Which all can be purchased at a later time down the road.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinkum
    charger i got a lowrance h2oc for christmas
    i havent got to use it a lot yet but so far i
    really like it they all seem to have their good
    points an bad points i wanted this 1 because
    it is color an downloading maps an i am sure
    that the others are capable of doing that also
    i just have always had good luck with lowarance
    products
    I was looking at the H2O on the BassPro site. Looks like a decent one and I could load Douglas Lake into it and its not too expensive compared to some of the others.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Garmin units are the best made. Plus they are very easy to use. I need some thing easy to use. lol But I also think with the electronics we have today, most all of them will get you very close. It's just a matter of what you like the most.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast