Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A little guidance please..

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little guidance please..

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ridge Nelson, I'm from northwest Missouri and spend the majority of my time starting September 1st to the end of April hunting, then doing some fishing on farm ponds, and then we'll make trips out west to fly fish and big game hunt. Anyway my family recently got a house on Lake of the Ozarks at approximately mile marker 8. I am used to running bank lines for catfish on the Missouri and fishing farm ponds and small lakes at home, so I am looking for any advice that you all would be nice enough to give me as I am a little out of my element. We have a dock and I am planning on building some crappie beds or condos (not sure what the appropriate name is) in the next few days and sinking them beneath and around our dock. What depths should I sink these at? I plan to build 2 to 4 of these.

Thanks, Ridge

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC!!!! Post this on the Missouri state board. They are a GREAT group and you will be helped more than you think!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! and will do.

Post Thanks / Like

The Deeper the better with 18 to 20 ft. being ideal, Lake of the Ozarks maintains pretty
    constant water depths, if you are luckly enough to have 20+ water, go as deep as you can. It might be a good idea to make or buy 3 or 4 of the PVC fish attractors and hang them off the side of your dock also. Fish will hang on them year round. Good Luck