Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ask not what your club can do for you...

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ask not what your club can do for you...

... but what YOU can do for your club!!!

Hey guys and gals. As I mentioned in the last post, we would really like to fill the remainder of our leadership and committee positions, at the next scheduled meeting (April 15th).

The general leadership organization of the club will consist of an Executive Committee, composed of the elected club officers (President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer), and a Board of Directors, composed of the Executive Committee, plus the Information Director, Membership/Sponsorship Director, Tournament Director and Social Activities Director.

The following specific positions will need to be filled...

-Vice President

-Membership/Sponsorship Director

-Information Officer (website, advertising, e-mail communications, newsletter)

-Tournament Director

-Social Activities Director

In addition, the following committees will need to be formed...

-Tournament Committee (at least 1 member each from the Reelfoot area, the KY Lake-North area, the KY Lake-South area, and the Pickwick Lake area)

-Social Activities Committee

If you are willing to serve in any of the positions / committees, please PM or e-mail me as soon as possible. I fully understand that everyone's lives are hectic, but we will have a lot of work to do, if we are to make our club a success. The more folks we have who are willing to pitch in and help out, the easier it will be.

Thanks to you all!!!

George

Post Thanks / Like

Speck-Tackler,
    PM sent.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Speck, you didn't single out this one but I want to offer it up because I think it could benefit the club....I would like to volunteer for CPRT. (Cane Pole Recruitment Tech).

I understand it will be a thankless job however I feel he has so much to offer that it would be awesome for us to share his knowledge of the electronic side of our sport.

I'm going to declare that I am willing to spend my own funds to undertake this (in my opinion) honorable endeavor.

Mr. Tom has so much knowledge...and hopefully with the right approach will elevate our club to a level that will put us on the fish like no one has seen before.

I will admit I can't stop watching the slide show of his boat and that may have had some influence on me making a pitch for this position but so be it.

I still feel we need this Gentleman in our club, and I would appreciate the opportunity to try and make this happen.

By the way Mr. Pole I will buy the gas, snacks, minnows, drinks, etc.....just let me know ok? Scott...731 234 5942

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott38305 View Post
    Hey Speck, you didn't single out this one but I want to offer it up because I think it could benefit the club....I would like to volunteer for CPRT. (Cane Pole Recruitment Tech).

I understand it will be a thankless job however I feel he has so much to offer that it would be awesome for us to share his knowledge of the electronic side of our sport.

I'm going to declare that I am willing to spend my own funds to undertake this (in my opinion) honorable endeavor.

Mr. Tom has so much knowledge...and hopefully with the right approach will elevate our club to a level that will put us on the fish like no one has seen before.

I will admit I can't stop watching the slide show of his boat and that may have had some influence on me making a pitch for this position but so be it.

I still feel we need this Gentleman in our club, and I would appreciate the opportunity to try and make this happen.

By the way Mr. Pole I will buy the gas, snacks, minnows, drinks, etc.....just let me know ok? Scott...731 234 5942
    Scott,

That may be the single most beneficial idea that anyone has yet to come up with!!! In my humble opinion, the WTCC will be nothing without Tom's participation. Consider yourself officially appointed to the position of CPRT, and good luck, my friend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably should have already posted this - Tom (Cane Pole) called me Friday to see how the meeting went. He and Brenda are planning on making the next meeting barring no illness or mishap. They would have been at the meeting on Thursday, but this has been the week for Dr. appointments and they had to be in Jackson early on Friday. I think he's really looking forward to the fellowship and fish tales! By the way, he's up at the lake this weekend, so we probably won't see any posts from him til next week.
    Last edited by Mrs. Crappie Stalker; 04-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    I probably should have already posted this - Tom (Cane Pole) called me Friday to see how the meeting went. He and Brenda are planning on making the next meeting barring no illness or mishap. They would have been at the meeting on Thursday, but this has been the week for Dr. appointments and they had to be in Jackson early on Friday. I think he's really looking forward to the fellowship and fish tales! By the way, he's up at the lake this weekend, so we probably won't see any posts from him til next week.
    Hey Vonna...SHHHHH.. I haven't even contacted him yet...lol:D

Post Thanks / Like

Friends,
    This club is going to be a Great thing we all will enjoy but it will take all of us working hard together. I know everybody's plate is full but we all have to step up and help out however we can.
    Thanks,
    Lynn

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crappie4me2 View Post
    Friends,
    This club is going to be a Great thing we all will enjoy but it will take all of us working hard together. I know everybody's plate is full but we all have to step up and help out however we can.
    Thanks,
    Lynn
    Lynn, THANKS for volunteering to help Devon out with the Membership/ Sponsorship committee!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I need all the help I can get, when ever I can get it. When will we begin to recieve money and memberships? I have several people ready.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    I need all the help I can get, when ever I can get it. When will we begin to recieve money and memberships? I have several people ready.
    I'll leave that answer up to Vonna. I know she has been very busy, setting up a bank account, researching IRS requirements, etc. Several folks went ahead and paid their dues to Vonna at the last meeting, and I am sure she will accept dues at the next meeting. However, Vonna can fill everyone in on the particulars of how to get the dues in.