Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Reel from Zebco for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Reel from Zebco for Crappie

Zebco has a new reel out for Crappie fishermen, Slabseeker-Spincast with depth socator and 3.9:1 rato. Go to www.zebco.com

mikeg

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb MikeG ...

they aren't "new" :rolleyes: ... at least the "concept" isn't. I bought one of them "depth locator" type reels, many years ago. I just can't remember if they were made by Zebco, or not. It's on the bottom of Taylorsville Lake, Ky. (accidents happen)
    It worked as advertised, and about as well as any other "spincast" reel I've ever had. The "depth re-location" device is nothing more than a pin that pushes across the outside edge of the line spool ... so that when you engage it, and reel in your line, the line wraps over it and the spool. Then, when you engage the reel and let your line out, again ... only the line that is wrapped around the pin/spool is allowed to leave the reel -- putting you right back at the same depth. When you look at the picture - the brass looking "button" on the reel is the "pin" engagement device.
    They made them in Spincast and in Spinning reels ... and I see that Zebco has both styles now, too. The only "problem" I can forsee with them - is if you should happen to retract the pin when there's line wrapped over it. Then you'd have loops of loose line inside the reel, just waiting for a chance to wad up into a big 'ole birdsnest :D
    The price is reasonable. And "nightstalkers" & other "tightliners" might find them quite useful. (though I wouldn't put mono over 8lb test in them) ...cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

they wer made by zebco i am pretty sure . bought one and it dissapered out of my boat befor i got to use it. have ben looking for the new one on the market . no one here has them . not even wallie world . guess i will have to order one
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one last year because I do a lot of night fishing and I love it.Im fixin to order a couple of more.I ordered mine from basspro.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up 2 at bass pro for the better half the other day, $19.95 each. Spinning outfits drove her bonkers last year. My sweetie has a bad habit of crankin when a fish is takin drag.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money. I just took one out of the package and showing the wife how they work. I pushed the lever to set the pin and it would'nt go back. Took it apart to see if i could find the problem, they're not worth $20. They are very poorly made. I bought 2 friday and I'm taking them both back to BPS tomorrow if they're open.