6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Navionics Hot maps Platinum.

2 33.33%
  • Navionics Hot maps Premium.

4 66.67%

Thread: Navionics Platnum or Premium poll question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Navionics Platnum or Premium poll question

Going to pick up a navionics chip for my Humminbird 997c si. Which one do you think is better. Do I need a platnum fo about $40 more ?
    Thanks,
    Vince
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking to purchase a card. After reading their disclaimer, I’m not sure. The disclaimer reads the maps are only to aid in navigation, but are not intended for navigation. But, if I needed to choose it would be the Premium. For me, there's no need for the 3D lake topo and satellite views. If I want to know what's around the lake, I'd use Google Earth for FREE..
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

They are both worthless for the upper end of truman lake. When the they came to do the 1' contour mapping the lake was froze over so lots part missing around bucksaw and the lake runs out of water above higway c on the osage arm according to the map.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73 View Post
    They are both worthless for the upper end of truman lake. When the they came to do the 1' contour mapping the lake was froze over so lots part missing around bucksaw and the lake runs out of water above higway c on the osage arm according to the map.
    Thats not what I wanted to here. I can live with out true Stockton maps since I fish it regularly. Now Truman is another story. I was hoping with all the trees up there that one of them would help me navigate the channel.
    What would you suggest TAE73?
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

Default what about

"fishing hot spots" "286 premier lakes" " southern usa"? I was on Truman last year with this chip for my lowerance 522c and this seemed to be working as per the depth finder readings.
    Crappie Fishing- Lots of Run...Sun...Fun...Catch a Ton...Or Didn't Get None!