Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Rig by Eagle Claw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Rig by Eagle Claw

Has anyone tried the crappie rig by eagle claw?...The double hook rig...I have one in my tackle box..But, haven't given a try yet...My concerns about this rig is that it looks like it will get tangled up a lot...Would appreciate any info that anyone can give me on this....Tips etc..

Do you usually tight line this rig?...Or do you use a slip bobber?..I see Wally Marshall has a double rig out now...Top hook is just a regular hook and bottom one is a jig..

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

I like using the stand out hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelslinger86 View Post
    I like using the stand out hooks.
    Yeah, I am going to pick up some of the stand out hooks...I think I can make my own two hook rig up...Instead of purchasing WM setup for a few dollars...

I fish a lot of farm ponds..We usually catch crappie, bluegill and bass..You have any good setups for slip bobber setup with with stand out hook and jig?...There is a lot of moss on the bottom of lake..So, usually use some sort of slip bobber setup...

Jeremy

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had one of them Eagle Claw rigs in my box for years now.Yes,I agree,it does look like it will be a pain being tangled,but I think with a 1/2 weight on bottom would be good for tight lining.Mine just has 2 size 2 gold hooks on it.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried them yet with a slip bobber. I have been using them with a thill that clips on. The only way I would know to rig them with a slip would be, bobber stop, bobber, standout, then jig. So the position of the standout is gonna dictate how far your bobber actually slides down. Kind of eliminates some of the purpose of the slip, unless you are fishing deep, or just prefer a slip.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried them yet with a slip bobber. I have been using them with a thill that clips on. The only way I would know to rig them with a slip would be, bobber stop, bobber, standout, then jig. So the position of the standout is gonna dictate how far your bobber actually slides down. Kind of eliminates some of the purpose of the slip, unless you are fishing deep, or just prefer a slip.
    Couldn't you just use a leader right after the bobber?..You can use however long string you want to tie on the standout and jig..

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

You can rig it at whatever length you want, but the swivel is still gonna stop the slip from sliding all the way to the jig, same as the standout will.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand...Your right?...Would be better off with a bobber that clips on.

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

So you use the double rig with a thill bobber?...One stand out hook and jig on bottom? Or do you use just stand out hook and that is it?

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats how I use it for crappie, but there are other applications too. Like today, I was fishing a river for catfish, so I rigged a standout, split shot, worm hook. I fished a minnow on the standout and a worm on the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast