Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default structure

Headed to Rathbun Saturday rain or shine to sink structure. I was out there all day last Tuesday March 23 to scout. I put a pole in a few spots, no action though. I have been mapping the creek channels looking for some good locations for structure.

Can't wait, I plan on getting wet, I got my rainsuit ready.

Post Thanks / Like

The rain should pass in that area by Saturday. Hope the wind dies down too for your sake.
    Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out all day on Monday the 22nd. and again all day yesterday. Caught a few fish yesterday but need the water to clear up alittle more. Will be back out Sunday afternoon.Fish are where theyre suppose to be lets just hope they put on the feed bag.

Post Thanks / Like

I dropped 3 different locations, water clarity is still muddy. Did not fish much, I did put a pole in for awhile, hard not to. I was getting 52 degrees in some shallow water coves, but water temp was between 42-46 range. Going out all day Sunday.

I hope it clears up, but a expect it to stay on the muddy side for awhile though. Prchjerker, have you ventured over to southfork west of the bridge? I have been everywhere but there, plan on checking it out Sunday.

YoMama you were right about the rain, it ended up being nice....

Post Thanks / Like

The further up the lake you go the muddier the water is naturally. Mouth of South Fork has maybe 3 inches of visibility. The fish we caught in that area were suspended 8 foot deep or less and very pale. Need some warmer weather and no more water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker View Post
    The further up the lake you go the muddier the water is naturally. Mouth of South Fork has maybe 3 inches of visibility. The fish we caught in that area were suspended 8 foot deep or less and very pale. Need some warmer weather and no more water.
    West of Bridgeview they seemed to be suspended about the same, 7-9 feet. Found some nice structure at about 10, marking susended fish, but I could not get a bite to save my life. I might have been a little agressive though, I was graphing more than fishing.

We get a little sun on the other end of this rain, and I am going to park the boat a look for a few mushrooms...maybe a little early, but I always seem to find a few before I would think anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker View Post
    I normally agree with that also, but last year early June, I flew in to Des Moines from Orlando, (you fly right over the lake). Southfork west of the bridge was clear as a bell compared to the rest of the lake. You could see the mudd line right at the bridge. I fished most of the time around Bridgeview, and it was definately stained, I did not realize the difference in clarity until the return trip to Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a guy buy 15 keeper cribs and put them in rayburn. I'll try to find out where.

All of our products are Made in the USA with all American made materials.
    Artificial fish habitat,crappie attractors and bass structure made from PVC.
    Numerous models of various sizes,textures and shapes for fry to lunkers.
    Mention Crappie.com with your order for 10% off!!
    Fishiding.com Structurespot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The fish really hold well on the creek bends. there is not much natural structure left in the main lake which is what i fish. Hope you can get somethinhg going on yours. Had 20 fish last Thursday at 22,8 pounds.